Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lucy's Christmas present to all members, 1950s xmas update complete.

LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
Hey Cats & Kittens, just got done updating my 50s and 60s section. Come and enjoy these songs in real audio. There are some common ones but most are very rare and obscure, just the way Lucy loves em! Next update will be Christmas Doo Wop and Vocal Group Harmony from the 50s in the Doo Wop section....

Lucille's 50s & 60s Section

Time to Bop!
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    Thanks Lucy - now what is the hepkitty wanting for her Christmas present? image
  • Options
    Tell Santa to bring Lucy a Rock'n Roll Christmas..... Mailman just dropped off a 51p ms66fbl.... Hmmmmm... I think I'll keep it!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    GeminiGemini Posts: 3,085
    Lucy unfortunately I can't play these selections on my crappy web tv.
    One day I will be able to afford a computer as soon as I can kick the peppermint schnaaps habit. image
    A thing of beauty is a joy for ever
  • Options
    MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Those are really special Lucy. As old as I am, I've only heard one or two before. Thanks for sharing them
    BTW. The Mel Blanc one is pretty cute. He did some amazzing stuff. What a versatile guy.
  • Options
    Mr. Lee, glad you found some material you liked, Music collecting has been a lifelong persuit for me, and some of thos records I have had since I was a very young girl, and now that I'm ?? years old and have built a very large collection, I enjoy sharing with anyone that cares, I have more Christmas music then what I posted, after 50 songs I got tried cause I kept on dancin to these gems. I will do more xmas magic form the 50s soon in the Doo Wop section...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Heres our beloved Lucy discovering the HolyGrail of ingredents for thos spectacular Margaritas,while the store owner trys to protect his inventory.image
  • Options
    And that was in Mexico where one can score a El Jimador and various other high quality tequilas!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    LucyBob: You have some good one there.They sound real good.I have very little X-Mas 45's from the 50's or 60's.I was not interested in them.Do you have anything by Lee Scott and the Winsors?
    leon
  • Options
    Hey thanks Lucy,that is really some awesome music.PLONKimageimage Rotts
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." Plato

....... bob**rgte**
  • Options
    PLONK!
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Where's Ozzie and Van Halen? image
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    They were growing up listening to these GEMS I think...image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing. That was a nice thing to do. image
  • Options
    relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

Where's Ozzie and Van Halen?

I'm not sure Ozzie realizes there is a Christmas
    My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • Options
    Sure he does. He trips over the Christmas tree his wife puts up in his house every year.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    For anyone that came to my website, all songs after number 21 Johnny Horton had an error in the hyperlink so they were unable to download. I have now corrected all the links and they work, and I need to learn to stop doing updates after 4 Margaritas.
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Sweet! Playing the sounds while decking my hall with silver Eagles!

Thank you, watchin' for the next edition.
    Every day is a gift.
  • Options
    Thanks for the fix Lucy! Of course I always start at the bottom and figured something was messed up on my computer image Now Porky Pig is driving my cats nuts imageBlue snowflakes fallin........ Sounds like Porky had four margaritas too! As did the hepkitty laughing her ass off in the background!

Lucy - you got good taste........... in music anyway image
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have anything by Lee Scott and the Winsors? >>

Winsors didn't ring a bell, I checked on reference and found a listing for Lee Scott & the Windors On Back Beat 506, 1957. My Gloria/Cool Seabreeze...... This may make you feel better about the Neg on ebay situation, what you have here is a Rarity! My price guide list this record as negotiable. The author of my book goes on to explain that he uses this term for records in value of 1k and up and he further states that these type's of rarities often trade in the 2k through 5k range. The value however will really be determined by whom is looking for this Gem and how much a serious collector is willing to pay. The scan of the record you sent me is this same Back Beat 506 issue, I hope it is in very good condition!

the HepKittyimage
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options
    Lucy,
    Very cool stuff, thank-you!image
    Joe
  • Options
    Lucy thank you very much. I am in my mmmmmm early forties. I always loved 40`s and 50`s music. My folks have given me most of their record collection. I have a few of the ones you put up. Now I have to go up in the attic and get them down.
  • Options
    LucyBop: The only thing I see wrong with it(no scratches or anything like that) What is does have is a little green on the clear part of the wax.I believe it came from the printed green on the label.It's the same color.It must have been wet (label) and some how it got on the wax.I have played it and there are really no static or scratching sounds.I really appreciate what you did for me.Thank you very much.Lets see.a$1000 and up,I wonder what I should do with it.Sell it,ah NO. I just love everything out of the 50's.Ya know Lucy I kinda like the UP part of it.
    leon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file