Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I think I got it bad on the Mercs

LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
No, I didn't opt for the raw 16d, but in the past couple weeks I have picked up a couple other pretty nice Murcury dimes in other date/mm combos. They are all raw, I would be interested in grade opinions from everyone on this board. Please pay close attention to the 1919, while it's probably just machine doubling, the closeups are kind of cool looking.

Comments

• Options
    MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
    Makes me want to start collecting that girl again

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
  • Options
    Mercs are my favorite coin - close seconds are Morgans and Peace Dollars (at least the obverse), Indian Heads and Buffalos. I am constantly on the lookout for higher grade Mercs to keep moving my collection up. I have also started a set of album toned mercs that were in Whitman folders for the past fifty or so years. Some very cool looking coins.

I have long since completed the collection, but there are lots of high grade coins out there, and opportunities to step up a grade or two are plentiful. For now, my target is relatively low - I am aiming for XF or better throughout, and I would say I still have about a dozen coins in VF, and a couple of F-12's. WHen I finally get the balance of the collection up to AU/BU (after all, I'm not made of money) I will probably bite the bullet and get a higher grade 16-D and trade off the G-4, but for now - I really enjoy this collection, and have enjoyed assembling it.

If memory serves me right - I think it is Fairlane Man who has a killer Registry set. I know Brian (wingedliberty) is a merc nut as well.
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • Options
    coppercoinscoppercoins Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭
    I only got one link (the first one) to show me a picture...the rest didn't work.
    C. D. Daughtrey, NLG
    The Lincoln cent store:
    http://www.lincolncent.com

My numismatic art work:
    http://www.cdaughtrey.com
    USAF veteran, 1986-1996 :: support our troops - the American way.
  • Options

<< <i>I only got one link (the first one) to show me a picture...the rest didn't work. >>

Lately images and links on this board are really flakey. If you close and re-open or perhaps press F5 several times then close and re-open, this will work. I had to do this to view them.
  • Options
    Very nice, I particularly like the 1929S. I tried to view the 39S reverse to see how the bands are , but
    the link could not come up. As you know, the 39s is very tough in FSB.

Best regards,
    Brian.
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice, I particularly like the 1929S. I tried to view the 39S reverse to see how the bands are , but the link could not come up. As you know, the 39s is very tough in FSB. Best regards, Brian. >>

The bands on the 39s are not fsb, if you try the picture a couple times and/or press f5 it will eventually open. I am thinking that PCGS needs to give their webserver a bounce, this seems to be getting worse as the days go by.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file