Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Guess the grade on a frosty ACG morgan-GRADE REVEALED

Guess the grade and I will tell you the grade in few hours. mike image

Comments

• Options
        braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
        Luster might be GEM but the chatter screams MS64.

peacockcoins

• Options
        GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭✭
        PR68DMPL
        imageimage

• Options
        braddickbraddick Posts: 23,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PR68DMPL >>

Are we going for the real grade or the "ACG Fantasy World" grade?

peacockcoins

• Options
        tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
        They probably graded it as MS66 DMPL or UDMPL. I think its worthy of a 63, shot 64, but maybe only a PL at best
        Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
      • Options
        ACG grade would be MS67 P/L.

My personal opinion grade would be MS63.
        My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
      • Options
        darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
        braddick- I think I would grade this just the way you do any coin. Off to work for a few hours and I'll be back to tell you the grade. mike

• Options
        BikingnutBikingnut Posts: 3,369 ✭✭✭
        MS71, seriously though, the cheek and neck look pretty rough. But since it's in an ACG holder, MS66.
        US Navy CWO3 retired. 12/81-09/04

Looking for PCGS AU58 Washington's, 32-63.
      • Options
        MrKelsoMrKelso Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭
        Ok now this is Strickly a guess as i think i am seeing several light distractions on both sides so i guess MS 66pl
        The ACG holder scares me into Guessing that grade

"The silver is mine and the gold is mine,' declares the LORD GOD Almighty."
      • Options
        Hmmm, actual grade MS-62 (looks pretty banged up), and the ACG grade is probably MS-65 PL.
      • Options
        09sVDB09sVDB Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭
        MS63PL
      • Options
        prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
        The coin is a MS63, the ACG label will say MS66DMPL.

• Options
        itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
        MS63PL if PCGS
        MS66DMPL if ACG

The values are pretty similar either way! (i.e. pay 63PL price for 66DMPL ACG) if authentic!
        Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
      • Options
        GilbertGilbert Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭
        I agree with Braddick, the coin looks to be a 64, although the staining is quite distracting. At one time it probably would have been considered prooflike, and for the record, those abrasions are relatively minor, as Morgan dollars go. If you think the cheek is "rough" or this coin exhibits "MS62" details, I would like to politely suggest that you revisit a few more Morgan dollars, and particularly MS62 dollars.
        Gilbert
      • Options
        I must be getting better at this because I came up with the same grade as just about everyone else. I geuss MS63/4PL or Semi-PL.
      • Options
        MS-65PL
      • Options
        BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
        Looks 64 PL, probably in a 66dmpl holder.
        I'd be more interested in Darktone's assessment of the coin since he has seen it. My scan guess is just that, a guess. Perhaps even "wild". image
        BigD5
        LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
      • Options
        gemtone65gemtone65 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭
        I would guess that ACG called it MS65PL; however, if graded by PCGS, I think we're talking MS63.
      • Options
        I agree with 09sVDB and say the coin looks MS63PL.
      • Options
        darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
        Well we had some pretty interesting guesses! My personel opinion was 63-64 prooflike but the ACG grade is MS64 with no prooflike designation! mike image
      • Options
        MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
        Unbelievable. I would have thought 65 DMPL for sure. image
      • Options
        tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
        Holy sheepdip Batman, could Accupig be turning over a new leaf...........near accurate grading????????????????
        Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
      • Options
        GPGP Posts: 186
        WOW! they actually got close on that one! I would say in its current state, it is a 63, a quick dip and it could possibly be a true 64!
        the toning distracts, and the cheek marks should lighten a little.
      • Options
        RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>could Accupig be turning over a new leaf...........near accurate grading???????????????? >>

More likely, it's the broken clock adage.

Russ, NCNE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file