Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Collectors Club

The Collectors Club seem to be geared only towards those who grade pre-1970 coins (the free gradings are for the regular gradings only). Why not simply allow $120 and $240 worth of coins to be graded? I was a member, but there seems to be no reason to renew. Also, the packages appear to be the same whether you are a new member or renewing. There's not a lot of incentive to rejoin.

How do others fell about the Collectors Club. Is it worthwhile? Do other forum members belong? Am I the only who has a problem with this?

Comments

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they meen the regular service level (30 day turn around). I think you can submit any coin. Contact customer service.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I guess it just depends on how you collect. I have no problem with my benefits. I guess you don't submit alot of coins. I have 4 invoices in right now. I use a mix of Economy and Regular. You find the biggest problems is with modern coins... I wouldn't waste free grading coupons on them. Even at $10 per coin... if you don't get the "right" grade you are upside down! Best to buy Modern coins already graded from dealers. (After the pops expand and the price drops)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    even if they had an option for economy service free grading(8 coins) there would be more incentive to join for people who don't submit a lot of coins or high dollar coins.

• Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    I'd prefer the to get MORE submissions and have the ability to use the other service levels. However, PCGS is charging $99 so they cannot offer $240 worth of free gradings or everyone would sign up for new memberships.

However, next time I have 8 regular submissions, maybe I'll join a second time? It'll save me $60 and I get a bunch of free stuff with it.