Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey Mercury Heads, what grade do you give this GEM????

An outstanding coin with AWESOME 'EYE' appeal, give me your grades please.
imageBe Bop A Lula!!
"Senorita HepKitty"
"I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter

Comments

• Options
    ms 64 full braid . hehe.
    may the force be with you.

rob.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucy:

I am saddened to tell you that I consider that coin to be counterfeit. There is a mismatch between the old date on the coin and the young portrait on the obverse. image

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    LOL! image (Careful Lucy.... the fish heads around here don't have a very good sense of humor!)

Lucy is tops in my book! Cool website.... and goofs of the fishheads!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Lucy,

I think that dime may be AT!

Regards,

Wayne
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a Nice Original Classic Coin. image FS (Full Smile) Obverse and a FB Reverse. Completely Struck Up on the Obverse (From what can be seen) and reverse. Nice Color.

I'll say MS67FSFB

Ken
  • Options
    AU58! - I hate to tell you this guys - but that coin's been around the block! Don't let the smile fool ya! image
  • Options
    Das coin ist die exact same I recently sent to PCGS for grading purposes. I'm thinking at least MS 68 und,Ach Du Lieber, it comes back zu me ins Body Bag!!!image Something about "Munze ist whizzed upon"???image
  • Options
    Lucy,

Nice reverse.
    Frank
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting close to the FB (Full Body) designation but still does not qualify for the FH designation as they are not shown yet. image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    And some people wonder why collectors will pay a premium for coins with desginations, a few more of these GEMs and I'll climb the ladder in the Mercury Registry set!image
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    A super look, well worth a premium image There should be bonus points in the registry...
  • Options
    For sure a 68....lolimage
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    I don't see the slightest bit of rub. Looks uncirculated to me. Makes you wonder how something like this can remain in such pristine condition.
    J.C.
    *******************************************************************************

imageimageSee ya on the other side, Dudes. image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cute! A pleasant thread. Good going LucyBop!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like the closest thing to a perfect 70 to me and you know what number that is!imageimage

Jon
  • Options

PS: I would like to see the Type 1 Quarter version of that please!imageimage

Jon
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PS: I would like to see the Type 1 Quarter version of that please! >>

Now theres a thought.......
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
  • Options

It certainly is a thought, and I'm still up a watching like a kid on Christmas Eve!!

Jon
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be in excellent condition. The tarnish (toning) just gives it more character. I'm having trouble grading the reverse, though. Full vertical lines, but not a hint of crossbands. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!