Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc buddys need help im undecided what this will grade

gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
It has a few minor ticks on neck as you can see(vampire)image.The stk looks good except above the forhead,a little weak.Do you all think it has a shot at 64?.Has full rounded bands,and a clean reverse.Thanks Al24-S Merc

Comments

• Options
    my guess is 64fb, hard to tell from a digital picture.
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Al:

Here goes. Tried to blow the photo up and did so but it was somewhat distorted. I think I saw a hit right in the middle of the middle band that might keep it from FB designation. The hits on her neck may put it into 63 but I think it is a 64. Looked like there was some die clash right in front of her nose.

I'll say 63 for sure and full bands if I am wrong about the hit on the middle band. Fair shot at 64 also I believe.

Anyway I Like It. Let Me know if I am Full of Caa Caa on this evaluation. image

Ken
  • Options
    Thanks,and I better take another look at the bands .And that's what I was thinking 63/64 tough call.Al
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking it is on the lower MS end. It looks as if there is a fingerprint on the obverse. And the line on the cheek, looks a bit on the large size.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    I would venture a guess at a 62 or 63, but not FB.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay
  • Options
    fcloud
    I dont see the fingerprint,just some blue toning
    Ken, your right there is a hit right in the middle of the band,geeez I have the coin in hand and missed it.See what BD's doimage.Al
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AL:

If the hit is there I'll go 64 on the coin. PCGS or NGC would maybe bump it a point to 64 for the nice strike for the date. Seems like thats how it works to me. The Tone will help it out also, originality counts.

Are you going to send it in ? If so let us know what the result is. image

Ken
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, that is a nice original 24-S. I'll go with Ken on the 64. Plenty of strike for FB if not closed by hit.
    Very nice coin.

Jon