Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Puzzeled about upgrade on Mercury

I upgraded a 41-d from a ms67 to a ms67fb and my point total did not rise. I know this coin is weighted very lower but it should get a fb bonus and did not. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB:

Are you sure the total did not go up by .01 ? It should have I believe.

Ken
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    JB,

I have a spreadsheet that uses the PCGS algorithm to calculate the set weighting and you should have gotten a .01 increase in your set rating for moving from a NB to a FB coin. I did not calculate your weighted grade average as that would have required putting in all of your coins to my spreadsheet.

Email me if you would like a copy. It calculates the effect of any changes to both your Set Rating and Weighted and Unweighted Set Greade Average.

Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    now that I look at it, it did go up by .01. I thought it would have gone up a little bit more than .01.

on another note I upgraded a 39 from 66fb to a ms68 non fb and it went down by .01

i guess some dates have different bonuses, which I guess is related to the overall weight.

deepcoin, can you send me that spreadsheet so I don't look like a dumba$% and ask stupid questions?

thanks
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JB:

The 39P has a FB bonus of 3. Thats why your rating dropped the .01 on that coin. No question is Dumb if you do not know the answer.

Ken
  • Options
    i will use uneducated next time

thanks fairlane