Home Q & A Forum
Options

What is your opinion of intercept products for PCGS and raw coins?

orevilleoreville Posts: 11,780 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has PCGS started an independent investigation as to the long term viability and safety of intercept products? If so, when will you begin to see results of such investigation? If not, why not?

I see many dealers are now touting the products. I have enclosed just a few PCGS slabs and raw coins for testing purposes, in their product line. I seem to feel it will take 10 years for me to determine the benefit or lack of therof of this product. I have some concerns that I am using some of my coins as a guinea pig for this intercept line. I am hoping that I could get answers sooner.

A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Hi Oreville...

We were of course offered the Intercept deal very early on. Since we had been grading coins for over 15 years and had had very few problems, we thought it was "much ado about nothing." I think the Intercept product is very good, but it seems like overkill to me.

We have done extensive testing of all the PCGS holder materials over the years and we have a very high comfort level in the PCGS holder's ability to properly preserve coins.

David