Home Q & A Forum

7th ?: Steps for an explanation service.

Also, I really second the concept of having an explaination for grades and non-grades. I can also appreciate your lack of knowing excactly how to implement it. Something like this should definitely have some careful thought put into it. Perhaps the best thing to do is not feel that everycoin needs the explaination, but maybe on bodybagged coins, as well as a service that would allow submission of coins that people felt needed an explaination. Something similar to a designation review or really any other service...but instead of grading the coin, the grader would just put into words their thought process. This formalized review sheet could be forwarded to the submitter back with the coin. I feel this would be a huge advantage for PCGS in so many ways, especially marketing wise and in helping to provide knowledge for collectors that would again benefit the coin industry as a whole.

That being said, has there been any conversations within the grading community or within just PCGS about a possible implementation of this kind of service. And if not, what are your thoughts, and would you consider something like this.

morris <><
"Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
TEMECULA, CA 92590
(951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Comments