Home Q & A Forum
Options

The next step for slabs

nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
As I look at the market, it's obvious that the slab market has already entered a mature state in the product lifecycle. Usually at this point the key to growing the market is to accessorize the product or come up with some varieties or uses to continue increasing sales. My question, though, is more of a "what comes next" question. What do you think will be the next wave or idea that either extends a slab's usefulness or builds upon it and takes the market in a new direction? Or what services can be added to continue to enhance PCGS's position in the future? I know that specifics cannot be addressed, so I'm looking for kind of a vision statement.

Neil

Comments

• Options
    homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Neil...Great question...I'll give it a shot.

After 17 years, the grading of coins is definitely a mature business. Our latest innovation was the PCGS Set Registry and we'll be expanding on that idea...more U.S. sets...more Registry participation events. We are also looking to get the PCGS idea more previlent in the world coin market and we'll be launching a Canadian Set Registry in January.

As far as the future vision...we are focusing on making it easier for people to buy and sell coins...and to do it with confidence.