Home Autographs Forum

honus wagner

I just recently gained possession of a 1934 banquet card for the Mckeesport Pirates. The card was signed by several players including three hall of famers; Honus Wagner, Pie Traynor and Loyd Waner. Along with the three hall of famers the card was signed by Cookie Lavagetto and other old time major leaguers. I have been advised to get the card authenticated and am in the process of getting that done. My question is how much a card like this would be worth once authenticated. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    Jedburgh,
    Just a few questions: What is a "banquet" card? Which auto authenticator are you
    using? Answering these questions will help me (hopefully!) , but you are looking good
    so far (Espec. the "Wagner")

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • The card is really a menu, not a baseball card, for a banquet for the 1934 McKeesport Pirates. The McKeesport Pirates were a minor league affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. It has two pages. On the cover is a picture of Leo Mackey, the manager of the McKeesport Pirates, and on the inside is the food to be served that day. It is signed on the cover as well as on the inside. It is also signed by the president of the Pittsburgh Pirates, among others. Thank you for replying.

Tony
  • As far as authenticators, I was going to take it to the Philadelphia show and get it authenticated by PSA/DNA.
    Tony
    Good choice of authenticators. I know on the sports board , you got an estimated value
    of $1000. I will go more conservativly (sp?) at $500. However , I would recommend you
    to get in touch with another member of the forums. His nickname is "autobilia". He has
    much more knowledge than myself and is more experienced (about autos). He can
    normally be found on the Buy, Sell and Trade board.

• MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭
    TTT just for the heck of it.
    Tony,
    What was the outcome of this?