Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

I would be interested in a swap

I am new to this forum, but love to collect coins and currency. How does a swap work, and is it for anyone?
SDM

Comments

• see my stuff below. If you have any interest make an offer and we trade on the honor system. I'll mail mine you mail yours. If your looking for a grab bag type swap just post asking for persons interested take your list match them up and they each send each other a grab bag.
  • I have:

1912 Barber Dime - Ag/G
    1944 Mercury Dime - EF-40
    1943 Steel Pennies:
    1943 - VF-20
    1943 - BU (2)
    1943D - BU
    1943S - BU
    2000 Penny from Cheerios - BU
    1900 V-Nickel - VG/G
    1960D Franklin Half - EF-40
    1979P Susan B. Dollar - BU
    1979D Susan B. Dollar - BU
    1881 Indian Head Penny - VG/G
    1820 One Cent - AG
    SDM
  • morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    7741, If you want to haggle over exact trades, there is a Buy/Sell?Trade board. Blind swaps are fun and require no haggling. The general rule is that you send a certain dollar value of coins,(it is always $30-35 but doesn't have to be) to someone. That person sends to others and every person both sends and receives. Coins may be certified or raw, single or many, as long as the approximate value is reached. Swaps are fun and I reccomend them. Good luck.
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • I am very interested in swaps, but having a hard time understanding. Do you just sent to anyone on the forum? Do I need to do as I've done and list coins? Please help me start.

Thanks Dwayne
    SDM
  • The type of swap morganbarber is talking about is generally something that is posted and members sign up. When the swap is closed for sign ups, a send to list is posted and then the packages fly. Like this.

Another way to swap is like we are starting to do through PM. 2 members message between themselves and arrange for swapping of coins or what have you.

I have participated in both kinds and really enjoy them.
    currently owned by 5 Labradors

Blaze - Yellow male b 3/17/93
    Onyx - Black male b 3/7/99
    Duchess - Yellow female mix b 3/12/02 rescued 9/18/02
    Rifle - Yellow male mix b 12/1/02 rescued 8/8/03
    Diamond - Black female b 5/3/05 adopted 8/3/05

First Cam-slam - 9/21/04

My eBay