Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Any Luck Resubmitting 9 pd's?

Has anyone tried resubmitting 9 pd's? I'd be interested in the results since I have a couple I was thinking about sending back in to see if the PD's would magically disappear.

Comments

• Options
    Yes. I'm pretty careful the first time around and usually know that there is a hint of snow, a fish-eye, etc. going into the initial invoice. That said, the pd on my submissions is generally borderline and I'm just hoping I get the right set of eyes that given day. To date I'm 2 for 2 in making the pd go away. Both were 1978's that were graded 9pd. Again, there was some pd, it was just a matter of severity. I haven't gotten any pd's that came out of nowhere. I've heard stories, but when people have shown me the "mystery pd's" I unveil the mystery to them rather quickly. 100 watts can magically make the pd APPEAR as well. A lot of folks when pre-screening fail to use adequate light. What are the cards in question? Modern/vintage?

EDIT: I just noticed you do 71. I have seen the "pepper" present in many images in that set. Numerous 7's that appear first-rate NM/MT or better, when scrutinized, have an almost undetectable amount of this infecting the image quality. They were probably on a "NQ, please" invoice. On most days they'll slide right through, while on other days...
    While "pepper" plagues many years, it is exceptionally prevelant on 71's. It's all about how offensive it is. If this is the year in question, perhaps Scott or Doc or one of our resident experts on that set could help.
  • Options
    Actually, the cards I wanted to resubmit are 1973 Topps. I'm going to check it out under a bright light tonight to see if I can determine the reason for the PD.
  • Options
    With 73's, a lot of the time, there is a black offset on the front from the sheets being stacked, and the black ink on the back from the top sheet not being quite dry
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    I got a PD back on a PSA 9 card and the only thing that I can figure out is that the focus on the card is not sharp. Would that cause a PD Qualifier? If not, what would?
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    They used to give an"OF" qualifier for out-of-focus... but I rarely ever see that....