Home U.S. Coin Forum

where is the best place to sell coins

what is the best way to sell a coin collection i have

Comments

• depends on what you're selling I guess. What are we talking about?
  • Welcome to the boards Wayne - It all depends on what the collection is - grades of the coins, whether they're certified or not - can you give us more on what kind of coins you have?

Frank
  • i'm new at this chat stuff alot of gold stuff alot of proofs new stuff 1958 and up
    gold 1847 5 dollar 1837 2 1/3 1909 s indain 5 dollar 1865 3 cent nickel 1908 2 1/2 1883
    10 dollar all of it is at or will be at pcgs 1901 5 dollar theirs more mostly gold
    morgan 1886 - o 1896-0 morgan
  • Your best bet is to take the collection to a dealer for an estimate - find out what you have - then do some research once you have a good idea of what's of value and what's run of the mill. If you have specific questions about particular coins you can always throw them out here and see what kind of answers you get.

Frank
  • Before you submit to a grading service, you might want to get an opinion from a local dealer. Also, turn on your PM.
  • explain pm stuff
  • RKKayRKKay Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in any patterns you have.
  • explain patterns
  • Wayne - perhaps the best start for you would be to pick up the "Redbook" coin guide to US coins and use it as a primer for seeing what you have.

Frank
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello wayne

go to the top of the page and click on "profile" and when that page loads scroll to the middle where it says allow private messages and switch it on. when you come back to the thread page you'll see that your little lock is visible. all you do then is click on the lock of whoever you wish to send a message to and it works much like e-mail except that it's here at the forum. when someone sends you a "PM" you'll see the lock at the top left of the page flashing to indicate "new messages" and all you do is click that and common sense should do the rest.

with regard to selling your collection, find dealer's close to you and start a dialogue till you find one you think you can trust. don't just walk into so-and-so's shop with all your stuff. take a few pieces and get a few opinions. stay here and ask questions as best as you can and the members will help, believe me. i assume you know how to grade so get a few price guides or ask for links from members. and above all, don't rush unless you're in a major pinch-----sell in haste, repent in leisure are good words to live by. best of luck to you.

al h.image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file