Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

My 65 set!

It looks like Mastronet will be auctioning off my old 1965 set minus about 25 cards. It really is an amazing set and i'm already missing it a lot. I can't wait to see what it brings. If it sells for more than I received then I'll be upset I sold it too cheap but I'll still be happy for Louis.
There is a lot of complete set activity now - hopefully we'll have a better feel for what the market is during the next few weeks for complete sets.

wayne

1965 Mastro set
1955 Bowman Football

Comments

• Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    WAYNE - Here's a thought! perhaps it will go for much less then you were paid. (Prorated minus the missing 25 cards of course) Then perhaps you can win it for a song. So you'll get that bad boy back and pocket a few thousand image ...jay
  • Options
    Wayne,

Why would 25 cards be changed? Did he keep the ones he needed to upgrade his set?
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    Yes he did. That's probably the main reason he bought the set was for the low pop 8's and to upgrade a few 9's. But I would imagine it was mostly for the low pop 8's which are very difficult to get.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>But I would imagine it was mostly for the low pop 8's which are very difficult to get. >>

Why would someone spends thousands and thousands of dollars for just a few PSA 8 cards? I mean, SMR is only $18 or $22 for 1965s. They are easy to get...

<please note sarcasm>
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Wayne,

So does that mean that what is being auctioned is your set less the low pop eights and 9's? It seems then that it should bring much less than you got for it.
    Ole Doctor Buck of the Popes of Hell

• Options
    Buckwheat,

It's basically my old set less 25 cards that he used to upgrade his set and put those cards into my set. It's still one heck of a set. I had about 100 nines and he probably only need 15 of them plus he kept the 3 psa 10's for his set.

wayne
    1955 Bowman Football