Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Unsearched??? 55-D wheats

Link to Auction

Take a close look; certainly that is not the original box. That box has a ZIP code, which weren't used until the early 60s.

Sound fishy to anyone else?
Mark

Comments

• Options
    Man you got better eyesight than I have, I can't read the writing on that box except the $10 PENNIES.

Ray
  • Options
    I second that Eagle Eye! LOL
  • Options
    Look at the guy's feedback - lots of negative, and with a handle like he has, hmmmmmm.
  • Options
    That's not a zip code. It's a phone #. The rolls looks nice to me.
    My website: WWW.telecoin.bizland.com
  • Options
    Sorry, the # I saw was a patent #. The # that is in the zip code area appears to be 00000. That doesn't seem to be a zip code. Even if the box isn't original, the coins look nice.
    My website: WWW.telecoin.bizland.com
  • Options
    I think it says Wheeling, IL 60000? (Wheeling is now 60090) and below that is the part number for the box.

The rolls don't look too bad though.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spiny is right. I just confirmed that on the USPS site. Wheeling, IL has the ZIP codes 60070 and 60090. Nice bit of detective work, spotting that. It IS a ZIP code. I'd bet on it.

Nevertheless, though it can't be the original box, I would venture a wild guess that it is older than I am (I came along in '65). It "looks" right, somehow.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Just went through this guys "praises" even these are somewhat negative.
    "No matter where you go, there you are"

Out of the closet Morgan loverimage
  • Options
    Complete with a shill...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file