Home Q & A Forum

Where are the best buys for certified coins

I was wondering where does one find the best coin values today?

The message board?
Teletrade?
Ebay?
Heritage?
Friends?
Print Media Advertising?
Local Coin Dealer?
Internet Web sites?
Submitting coins yourself?

Was just wondering.

Todd
Todd Abbey

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    Todd...One of the benefits of PCGS grading...and the major reason we started PCGS...is the fact that when you buy PCGS coins you can have the comfort of knowing that the authenticity and grade has been independently verified by world class experts. Consequently, when you buy from any of the places you mentioned in your post, if you buy PCGS coins you have the best chance of getting fair value.

As to getting the best value, I would stick with the more established firms. Certainly both Teletrade and Heritage do a good job. Ebay can be a good place to find coins, but eBay can also be a little like the wild, wild West.

I would concentrate on finding great coins that you really like, and I wouldn't worry so much about looking for bargains. The coin market is pretty efficient. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is too goog to be true.

Local dealers can also be very good, if you take the time to develop a relationship...and if you buy certified (preferably PCGS) coins.