Home Q & A Forum

Attempted crossovers to PCGS

LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
Not sure if Stewart ever reposted this one from the open forum so here it is.

"When a coin is submitted to PCGS as a crossover and the coin does not cross,can PCGS state on the invoice at what grade the coin will cross or if there is a problem coin what is the problem ?"

Sounds confusing - bottom line is, if I send you (for example) a IHC 66R that fails to cross, can you tell me what it would grade by PCGS standards w/o breaking it out of the current holder? If there is a problem with the coin, why can't it be explained to the submitter??
"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    This is an interesting idea...definitely way more work on our part, but it obviously upsets our customers to get rejects back without an explanation...even when the coin involved is an obvious grizzler that shouldn't have been sent in.

I'll see if there's a way we can provide an explanation for cross-over rejects and body bags.

David