Home Q & A Forum

Review Process

Mr. Hall,

Would you make yourself available to personally review coins sent to your attn. that the submitter feels have been assigned an incorrect grade, or have not been given the PL or DMPL designation where the submiter feels they should have been?

Dragon

Comments

• homerunhallhomerunhall Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭
    I would be glad to do this on a limited basis. The problem I have had in the past is that when I have made myself available for personal reviews in the past, there are always some that abuse the process. I can remember the times a dealer would show me a coin at a coin show and say, "I cracked this out of a 66 holder looking for a 67 and they downgraded it to MS65." Then I'd look at the coin and wonder how it ever got into a 66 holder. Or the dealers who claim they got "brutalized on all 50 coins they submitted. I usually tell them to send in the worst 10. 40% of the time all 10 are OK as graded (not a lot we can do for blind dealers.) 40% of the time maybe 1 or 2 of the 10 will be liner coins that maybe could be graded higher. And maybe 20% of the time the dealers have a legitimate beef.

So, if you want me to review something, call Sandy Locker in customer service and she'll make arrangements for you. But please don't abuse the process.

David