Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Thanks Tom Schiera et all

Yesterday, I recieved the last "hole-filler" for my c.s. Washington set from Tom. It is one drop-dead-gorgeous '36-D. It may only be a "64", but the color that this coin has is just phenomenal! image

Tom and I worked a deal that sent this coin to me, and a half dozen proofs to him. It was great to put such a deal together in which both members advanced their sets - and all through these boards.
As my comments on the set states "thanks to the help of C.U. message board members", I'd like to thank all of you here that helped put this set where it is.
And thank you, again Tom, for such an exquisite final piece.

Let the upgrades commence! (anyone got a '39-S in a '6?) image

Don

Exquisitely-toned Washingtons, and
FULL Heads RULE!

Comments

• Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations Quattro!! It is a job well done indeed. The last piece is always one of the best!! Looks like a nice coin too!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a stunner! Congratulations!image
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Don, Stunning piece. I'm sure Tom hated to part with it. My hats off to both of you on the Washingtons.image

Dave
    Love those toned Washingtons
  • Options
    Don,

Thank you for the nice post regarding our trade. I think it proves that people on this board enjoy this hobby very much and want to help each other out whenever possible. What was great about this trade was that both of our sets gained from it with nice, high-quality coins! I'm completely happy with the coins I got from you, and I know you like the '36-D you received from me. Can't ask for much more than that!

Regarding a reply herein, yes, I did hate to part with this coin, as it was a real beauty. I recently upgraded this date in my set, and after I got to know Don and knew he needed this date to complete his set, I couldn't think of a better guy to let the coin go to! I'm glad it all worked out.

Thanks again for your kind words, Don. It was a pleasure to work with such a nice guy like you! image

Best regards,

Tom Schiera
  • Options
    DeepCoinDeepCoin Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭
    Keep working on those C.S Washingtons! All the Merc collectors appreciate your coin budget being spead around so it is not ALL spent on Mercs. Really nice looking coin! Congratuations. One of the real strengths of this board is the cooperation among its members.
    Retired United States Mint guy, now working on an Everyman Type Set.
  • Options
    Don
    the coin was offered to me but at $1000.00 I passsed you got a keeper
    ZAPS COINS
    Bob
    collect all high grade Washingtons also Washingtons double dies,overmint marks and RPM's always buying
  • Options
    Thanks all for all the nice comments. It was especially nice gettting the 1st one from a lover of white ones and Tom's reaffirming the pleasantness of this deal. image
    I brought the coin to Santa Clara, today, and showed it to Mitch. He loved the color, and thought it could be a good candidate for re-grade to a '5. image
    Thanks for passin' on it, Bob. image

DeepCoin,
    Couldn't agree with you more on your last sentence! image
    As for the Mercs, I'm thinkin' of gettin' back to them, now. Or wait, maybe Standin' Libs. Ahh then there's them Walkers! When it comes to those three, I'd rather have three incompletes than one complete and none of the others! image

Regards,

Don

FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    quattrocoins
    As I said in another post"it is great when we are are able to help each other accomplish these kind of deals.I wish someone could help me get my last one.image
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Nice coin! Thanks for showing it to me today at the Santa Clara show. It is nicer than the pic and the reverse has great toning too! It was a pleasure meeting you.
  • Options
    Thanks Carl. It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you today.
    Craig and I had fun looking for colored Mercs, Roosys, and Washingtons('course I spent some time at J. Kline's table! image ). We ended up leaving after Craig bought a couple of Washingtons from one of our own - Washvarieties, and I went away with one of Craigs Roosys. I think he's tryin' to convert me! image
    On the Way home, my new '32-S was waitin' in my p.o. box. image
    I assure you all, it's a lot better lookin' than the picture shows. image

It was nice meeting some of our board members. Sorry we couldn't stay longer and meet some others.
    All 'n' all, a very nice and productive day! image

Don
    FULL Heads RULE!
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I brought the coin to Santa Clara, today, and showed it to Mitch. He loved the color, and thought it could be a good candidate for re-grade to a '5"

It was great seeing Don in Santa Clara (once I figured out which Don was Don image ) I was also expecting to meet Donn from our boards (EYE) and when my cell phone rang and it was "Don" I thought, at first it was EYE. I greeted Don and started asking him how he was doing at the College, what courses he was teaching this semester, etc. and (this) Don must have thought I was crazy there for a moment. Our Don told me he was an Electrician and I was "floored" there for a moment. Then it all came together!! image

You not only had a super 1936(d) quarter but a couple other strong, high end, coins I thought would have a decent shot to upgrade. One thing was clear, the silver Wash quarters (this) Don was assembling were high, high, end pieces!!

I won a super toned 1954(p) quarter in the Heritage sale tonight in PCGS-MS66 (3 coin lot). Anyone else out there think it was a decent shot MS67 coin?

Also, the NGC coins were selling very cheaply. I bought a nice white 1938(p) Quarter in NGC-MS67 for $675 plus commish. I know a couple dealers were asking $3,000+ for the PCGS counterpart. Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.