Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

If PCGS incorrectly graded a coin TOO HIGH...

2»

Comments

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Soon I will own the #4 clad quarter registry position and eventhough you guys think I got only $16.00 (64 coins x 25c each).. I will be laughing all the way to the bank!!"

You are mistaken. Actually, soon you will own the #3 clad quarter registry position. I bought the #2 set outright yesterday and it will soon be taken off the Registry. image Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez...maybe I will have to reopen up some of my 1983-P BU tubed rolls of quarters.

To think I mumbled when Leon demanded $120 a roll back in early 1998.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    Thank goodness they don't have registry sets for bank wrapped rolls. I do not recall any 67 quality 83-P's in those rolls. The 1982 's and 1983's were just awful looking quarters in general. :-)<p>
    To find many more MS-67 quarters of that era would simply be a miracle.
  • Options
    Whitewashqtr: Looks like a MS-62 quarter. Poor strike and hazing of the surfaces but certainly original and does have some of the wierd clad eye appeal. image

edited for typos.
  • Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    WWQ,

More power to you! One mans trash is another mans treasure. (Not to say you set is trash)

You can see by looking at the Two Cent series not many collectors appreciate those either. The important thing is you enjoy the series, regardles of what others may think!

Good luck on the review! Either way I think you'll come out a winner. Although I don't think it will come back the same grade, personal opinion. Keep us informed. I'm anxious to here the outcome.
    Dan
  • Options
    WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭
    DAM

Funny you should use that phrase... "one man's trash is another man's treasure" It used to be my motto on these boards.. but I changed it when I got bashed for trying to sell a 39s MS66 primo quarter (old green holder) for a nice sum (high bid got to $475 but didnt meet the reserve). I havent seen one listed since and pretty soon, the price will go up because you just cant find them. Although I might soon have a deal to trade it.

The clad series is not as thinly traded as people think. 1993P MS67 (pop 5/0) went for $775 on Teletrade last week. The key to the series is just a matter of the lower pops holding. If they do.. I will be golden. AND... they might for the same reasons people dont like them here. They are not viewed as anything but a quarter. So keep breaking out those rolls and spending them ..this way the pops remain low!!

Anyway .. thank you for your support.. even if its just your 2 cents!!! I will let you know how it turns out!!
    HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!