Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Scratched holders..ugh!

The last couple of times I've gotten my cards back from PSA, several holders have been noticeably scratched coming right out of the box. Does PSA re-holder these at no charge? How long does it take? They should accomodate--at $5-10 a pop, the LEAST they can do is make sure the holder is as nice as the card.

Comments

• Options
    I also noticed some scratched holders on my last two orders. One was a ten one of one. I not sure if they will reholder or not. I dont know how they could tell if it came from them this way or if the customer did it.

Daveimage
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Charlie, Lyle,......are you listening on this one???
    I've had this on high end cards on many occasions. It stinks.
    I've watched the "behind the scenes" action at shows and noticed a decidedly cavalier attitude in handling holdered cards. Scratches are almost as distracting as the little PSA stamped in the lower right of the holder which always makes that corner look damaged. Maybe the next time the molds are redesigned this trademark could be moved to cast it's shaodow on the flip. It is really a pretty stupid design as is.
    Excellent Post on a Pet Peave of mine- thanks
  • Options
    Hi Ripken,

From my past experiences with PSA, if the holder comes scratched (damaged from them), they will reholder the card for free. You are paying for a service and for a holder with no damage. Speak with Joe or Charlie, they would do the right thing.

Mike
    Always looking for 1952 Bowmans and 1953 Johnston Cookies PSA 8's and higher.
  • Options
    Guys,

This is always a bummer I feel the way you do yet to make
    things easier as if you don't want to go through the hassle,
    some car wax and a rag with buff the scratch out.....

Just my 2 cents, Matt
  • Options
    nearmintnearmint Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭
    I sent 6-8 scratched ones back recently, and PSA reholdered them free--and quickly. I don't recall being reimbursed for postage to send them, though.

I'm surprised at how common the problem seems to be. I thought I was just an unusual case.

Mike
  • Options
    An old problem worsens. I have some 30 scratched holders that have recently (last month) come back from PSA. This is out of 200 cards. Some are scratched so badly it ruins the cards appearance. Some are rather expensive and I'm reluctant to allow reholdering--but the card is not really presentable.

Two things:
    1. Can PSA possibly turn up the quality control here. This is similar to a waiter serving soup with a big hair on top. True, he didn't MAKE the soup, but serving it is not good business. These holders are getting ridiculous.

2. I heard somewhere on these boards that there was some cure for the real minor scuffs...what is that...anyone?..."beuhler?"...anyone? Thanks.
  • Options

Bueler, bueler, ah ha you are still alive..When you getting off the compute been trying
    to get you this am.

Matt
  • Options
    Matt, YOU are impossible to reach. Called Christmas Eve. Invest in an answering machine, will ya? I give you a shout...
  • Options
    I'm off
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    rumor has it that it's novus plastic polish #2, downgoes. i haven't tried it yet myself, but i did just buy a bottle on ebay.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Someone sent me some cards and wrapped the slabs with clear packing tape. I don't want to scratch the face by using something that I shouldn't on it. Can anyone recommend how to get tape backing off of the slabs?
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
    1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
    1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
    Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
    #15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
    #23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
  • Options
    Dalew,

I hate when they come all taped up. If it's not a lot of tape residue, I just spend a few minutes with my fingernail and a dry cloth. If it's excessive, you might try Goo Gone. I think you can get it at Walmart or any similar store. It works great on removing tape.

JEB.
  • Options
    If ever in doubt . . . WD-40 will do anything !!
  • Options
    99, Thanks for the tip. GooGone works pretty well on tape. Don't you just hate it when the cards are taped!?!?!image
  • Options
    Nail polish remover also works very well for getting off stickers.image
    Culpepper to ?, only God knows at this point!