Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Rember when you could retract your bid with a statement??

Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
No longer can you retract with your own statement. Now you have 3 choices to choose from"bid wrong amount" or "seller changed description" and I can't remember the other 1.
Now the eBay police can't bid on fake coins & retract saying "this coin is a fake" or whatever. It's getting easier & easier for the crooks to operate on sleazeBay.
Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Comments

• Options
    They aren't crooks, they are fee-paying eBay citizens.
  • Options
    Bidder's remorse?
    Keith ™

• Options
    moursundmoursund Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the eBay police could bid a special "code" dollar amount, which would gradually become recognized as a "warning".

Maybe something relating to 911 (911,000?) or
    FAKE translated to ASCII (70 65 75 69); could bid $706,575.69?

How about 7734.40? Read upside-down, this looks (depending on the font) like OH HELL.

Ok, that's my favorite. If you see a fakey auction, bid 7734.40 and then retract. I'll know what you mean. image

am
    100th pint of blood donated 7/19/2022 B) . Transactions with WilliamF, Relaxn, LukeMarshal, jclovescoins, braddick, JWP, Weather11am, Fairlaneman, Dscoins, lordmarcovan, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, JimW. God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that who so believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life.
  • Options
    Looks like EBAY has caught on to your bonehead moves and instead of shutting you down, choose instead to let you simply embarrass yourself.
  • Options
    Yeah keithdagen. I kept getting emails from the eBay police warning me that the coin was overgraded & actually circulated so I decided to cancel my 1 million dollar bid on Anaconda's ACG coin. I wanted to make a statement that Anaconda had unreasonable payment terms on that item because he wanted payment in Buffalo nickels.
  • Options
    You got emails from helpful collectors warning you......interesting. Maybe I was too subtle......

I have been getting several calls a day from excited people wanting to sell me circulated liberty nickels. So far, I have not been able negotiate the purchase of another ;o)

I have also rec'd over 100 emails from people thanking me for offering the coin in the manner in which i offered it.

adrian
    anaconda.rare.coins (on eBay)

• Options
    I LMAO every time i looked at it........an ACG slab with a hungry vulture perched behind it. How fitting! image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file