Home U.S. Coin Forum

Halloween Candy

jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ill bet in the last hour, I have had 75+ kids ring the door bell.

Major groups coming in cars also!!
jim

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    coming in cars!!!????
    man kids are lazy these days!

I've never seen any kids around here even ride bikes but have seen them RUN door to door to maximize candy collection for the hour.
  • It made me sad when I lived downtown to have young, pregnant girls come to the door, open their sack and just look up expectantly. They didn't speak a word of English, and certainly were just looking for some calories!
  • I haven't had one single kid come by my apartment. This makes 2 years in a row and no trick or treaters. I went outside to look around and not a kid in site! When I was young, I loved hitting the apartment complexs, you could get 100 doors in a half hour! LOL.
  • I live in a suburban area but not too many kids showed up except those in the neighborhood. I am sure many go only to their immediate proximity for Halloween. I am sure that there is also some concern about candy that has been spiked or inserted with things. I guess most kids' parents are too busy to take them out.
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • Well I took out 4 last night and hit the old nieghborhood.I left a big bowl of candy (and a 62 Fbl Franki for a Hep Kitty no show) on the porch by the door and when I got back Nothing was touched.
    My Kids came home with about 20 pounds of candy.
  • We only had 9 kiids come by last night ( 2 were repetes ) Sure was a slow night we normaly get 50 or so.
    Not sure what was up but now I have candy that just has to be consummedimage
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file