Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Set Registry Photo Uploads - Wouldn't you like to see?

I know that PSA allows for uploads of pics for cards in your set. Most put the front on. Wouldn't it be nice to have the ability to display both the front and back? I like to look at the statistical information.
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
#15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
#23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    It's easy to do if you have extra time on your hands. You just scan both sides, paste the two images together in your photo or image manipulating program and then post to psa on the registry. Maybe that's what I can do tonight instead of driving to the GBSCC show thanks to a blown alternator and having to turn around and limp home. (see what happens when you spend too much time and money on cards and neglect the big toys). Be aware that you cannot use punctuation or dashes in your file names or the psa site will reject the file name like a bad trim job. I guess I can work on making more room in that damn safe, look on e-bay tonight for some halloween goodies boyz and girlz.
  • Options
    Murcerfan,

I'm with you I love holidays I've made a few goodies already...

Matt
  • Options
    Hi Dalew/Guys,

I think people should have pictures uploaded next to their sets. I also hate the fact that you can hide your set from public view. I always upload pictures in my registry listings and I always show them to the public. I know when I see a really nice card or set, I can really appreciate it and some of the rarer cards you usually don't see unless they are sold in a big auction or once in a blue moon on Ebay or buying the Top 200 sportscards book, (JOE, I JUST GAVE YOU A PLUG). I just think it's nice. The best part of the registry is the part PSA never realized. All cards are serial #'d to the owner of the set. if a set should ever get stolen, the cards would come up as duplicate #'s, if someone else tries to enter them in their set. This is great for insurance purposes. I got a 10% discount because of the registry. I spoke to Joe about it. If a specific set should get stolen and the crook takes the time to crack out every card and re-submit them, then there would be a problem because of the new serial numbers. But, then again, a crook wouldn't know that. Only a dealer or collector would. I also think, that would set off a couple of bells and whistles. Imagine a 1952 Topps set which becomes "a find" and all of a sudden grades all 8's and 9's and it just so happened 6 months earlier a very similar set was stolen. No one would buy it.

Later,
    Mike

Always looking for 1952 Bowmans and 1953 Johnston Cookies PSA 8's and higher.
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Those '52 sets of all 8's and 9's will be pretty stinking hard to steal, no?