Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Is now the time to sell Zardoz?

All of your Cansecos? Prices haven't been this high in a long time, have they? image

Shill bidding perhaps? I mean, the same card in 9 went for almost less than this may end on. Very interesting... I like the high bidder's id though.

Ian

Comments

• FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Oh... the Cansecos....

I was going to say - I sold my Zardoz's a LONG, LONG time ago!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    How much do you think Zardoz would fetch in today's market?
  • zardoz would fetch very little in today's market. Shows signs of excessive wear and poor handling, dinged around the edges, as well as several alterations.

As for the Canseco's, thanks Ian! record prices... uh huh! I'll just go off in a corner somwhere and sob for a while
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    "Shows signs of excessive wear and poor handling, dinged around the edges, as well as several alterations."

Also more than a little off-center image

So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    "evidence of altering"
  • murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    "questionable authenticity" ??
    Zardoz.......maybe it's the time for that 70 K extension set.
    yeah........yeah, just like Larry "big cow" Fritsch.
    Aaron, Ryan, Zardoz, Gemmint, Mr. Mint, all the really big names Xograph forgot.
  • Didn't mean to be as harsh as I was, image, it's all in good fun though right? Right?... right...

Ehhh... I dunno just wanted to point out the shill bidding, didn't want to remind board members who have purchased from Zardoz of the horror that ensuses when opening up the package of Kellogg's goodness to find them securely packaged by 6 PSA 8 1991 Donruss Cansecos...

Well, he is on pace though to break the record for most burnt bridges throughout a career even if he never does hit 500 Hrs.

Ian

(I am in denial right now... I was looking through my collection, discovering my 1986 PSA 9 Cansecos that I thought were a steal at $20 some time ago...)

• Yeah, I too, missed the inferred, silent comma between "sell" and "Zardoz" in the thread title.

I thought it was a reference to Zardoz being taken down because someone figured out he was the New Board Moderator.

As for the card condition inferences, I'll play: This is a case where Zardoz WISHES a grader would say, "Evidence of Trimming."
  • gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭
    If we sell him by the pound we will get more $$$. Break up value is better than the whole in this case.
  • Zardoz,

Here's your chance to fund that College education for your kids!...

I mean with help (cough Shill bidding cough cough ) from various board members we may even be able to get the price of some of the beauties over $2.00 ...image
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.