Home U.S. Coin Forum

EBay Seller - Mikell ???

Anyone have any experience with this seller:

Mikell, Mike L International ??

please let me know if you have.

thanks
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."

Comments

• shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    Positives: They send refunds quickly.

Negatives: Their description of a coin I bought was so far off base as to be comical. The photos didn't help, either.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • I'm thinking the positive was more telling than the negative!
    "I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather did, as opposed to screaming in terror like his passengers."
  • I meet this guy in person. He attends alot of coin shows. Nice Thai Guy. Real name is Nirat. Pretty friendly and fair. He sells a bunch of raw stuff on Ebay. I personally like to buy my coins in person, so I wouldn't know how his grading is. At the shows, he has reasonable prices on his stuff.

I will be visiting his table at the upcoming New England show in the next couple of weeks

Endo
    Take a Look at My Auctions TOO My Auctions
  • Purchased a raw Bay Bridge commem. he advertised it as MS-63, PCGS graded it MS-62. Not bad
    Go METS!!!
  • I bought one coin from the dealer. It was a raw Morgan dollar. They do have a good return policy. The coin that I bought that was pictured was the one that was sent so no problems in that regard. The description was a bit inaccurate IMHO though. His coin prices are reasonable given the coin's condition.
    Recommended reading - The PCGS Guide to Coin Grading and Counterfeit Detection and The Coin Collector's Survival Manual and NCI Grading Guide
    For the Morgan collectors - The Morgan and Peace encyclopedia by Van Allen and Mallis

What would your slabbed coins be worth if the grading services went out of business? What would your coins be worth if the Internet was taken offline for good?
  • shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    The coin I bought as "AU+" was cleaned with a repaired chopmark. I don't mind cleaning on really scarce coins if that's the only way I can find them, but this one looked too worked on for my taste.
    Obscurum per obscurius

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file