Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Lastest Crossover Result

Hi! I crossed another NGC coin to PCGS.

1935 Texas NGC MS66 to PCGS MS66.

It's a great looking coin! Very clean and bright. Just the way I like 'em!
heath

Comments

• Options
    Heath-
    So you are saying you sent the coin to PCGS in it's NGC holder, correct? Maybe things will begin to look up. Congratulations on a successful crossover!
  • Options
    Yes. This time I sent it in the NGC holder. However, it really wasn't the NGC holder. This coin IS MS66. You'd have to be full of spite not grade it that way. My first four crossovers were successful (3/4). I did break those out. The most shocking cross was a 1926 Sesqui that went ACG MS63 to PCGS MS63. That's a nice coin too. image
    heath
  • Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    I can only hope I have as good a luck as you've had.I plan to try and cross a NGC 1954 PR68 Lincoln to a PCGS PR68 Lincoln at the Baltimore Coin Show.image
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    Congrats Heath - I just sent some coins in for crossover with good and UGLY results.

1971 NGC Jefferson W 68UCAM - No brainer easy cross PCGS 68DCAM

1966 ICG Kennedy SMS 67DCAM - coin is a solid DCAM even in comparison to my 3 1966 PCGS Kennedy DCAMs - was interested to see how PCGS would treat a ICG coin, figured it would come back as 65DCAM but came in as a 66CAM.......... disappointed but.........

And finally a NGC Accent Hair 68CAM - solid for the grade and nice cameo contrast, no possibility of an upgrade/DCAM designation but a nice solid coin - figured PCGS superiority attitude would downgrade it to a 67CAM but wanted to see how it would cross......... PR66 no CAM! Am I upset? Disgusted? Disappointed? I've pulled both of my Kennedy proof sets out of the PCGS Registry. PCGS has no business slabbing this series until they get graders that can grade this series properly!!

DCAMFranklin - things looking up? image *gag*
    ahhhh....... SODO MELVIN?????

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file