Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I need help with a Washington Quarter.......Scans Up

Is there some one i can email a scan of my 1958 washington to see if it will grade Dcam?
Thanks guy's.

THANKS airplanenut.

Comments

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send it to me- I'll post it for you
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Send it to me- I'll post it for you
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    here are the scans...
  • Options
    Definately CAM, but DCAM will be close. I would ask Russ who appears to be a Proof expert.
    Take a Look at My Auctions TOO My Auctions
  • Options
    Hard to tell from the scan. If the "dark" areas are reflective, then it won't even make CAM. As we know, pictures can be misleading. Below is a 57 Proof Qtr. that I just got back from PCGS that was given a CAM.

• Options
    coinguy1coinguy1 Posts: 13,485
    Cameo but NOT deep cameo.
  • Options
    Thanks guys.I am still learning and you guys are helping a TON.
  • Options
    That obverse may well make UCAM at NGC and I have a difficult time determining the level of frost and the depth of the mirrors on the reverse. If they are as nice as the obverse, I would definitely send the coin to NGC first. If it comes back Cameo, the you might want to try cracking it out and sending it to PCGS, if you think that is necessary.

Super date and a great looking coin. Good luck!
  • Options
    I'm going to Clearwater next week.I will be taking a day to go to NGC's offices and I am taking this and about 30 others with it.
    I am really looking forward to it.I'll be posting results when they come in.
  • Options
    mnmcoinmnmcoin Posts: 2,165
    Left side of reverse looks a little dark and minimal contrast on that side, could not make cameo, but should in my opinion.

morris <><
    "Repent, for the kindom of heaven is at hand."
    ** I would take a shack on the Rock over a castle in the sand !! **
    Don't take life so seriously...nobody gets out alive.

ALL VALLEY COIN AND JEWELRY
    28480 B OLD TOWN FRONT ST
    TEMECULA, CA 92590
    (951) 757-0334

www.allvalleycoinandjewelry.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file