Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Merc Collectors.

I need a "Go Ahead and Add Your Coins too the Set" approval from you folks or if this is not satisfactory how about a "Take Your Numbers Ken and stuff them untill the Coins Arrive" dis-approval.

No Middle Ground on this. image I will Abide by Your Decision. imageimage

Ken

Comments

• Options
    If they are paid for...then add them...........image
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • Options
    It depends if I need them for my set also,then give me the numbers
    and I will add them to my set(just borrow them for a week or 2)image
    but seriously(sp) if paid for add them
    Tim
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ken,

If you are talking about the 25-D, go ahead and add it. I got your money. The coin went out yesterday. It should be about over the Rockies by now. Or at least across the Mississippi River, depends on how much credit you give the good ole' USPS.

Jon
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is an idea, put them in myset untill they arrive, and then transfer back to your setimage
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    By the Responses I'm inclined to Add them. I'll wait untill tomorrow morning to make sure No One will be PO'ed for this Anxiety I have to add these jewels.

Jon:

I snuck the 25D in last week. image For that one I did not ask for approval. image

Ken
  • Options
    Come on Ken what did you buy??
    TIm
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww... They are nothing special. 4 Up-Grades (1 I Really Like) and 1 to get rid of the Glorious 37P Finger Print Coin that is in there now. image

Heck it may take forever to get them. One Guy went to Hawaii to a Coin Show. Yea I bet thats all he is doing. One Dealer forgot I ordered the Coin. No Big deal there as they are Good Guys. One from Heritage, you know how they ship, sometimes fast but mostly at thier leisure, for me anyway. One from Ebay, I bet I get this one tomorrow and only bought it Saturday Night. Hmmm..... Wonder who on this list has the Best Payment and shipping options. image

Ken

PS: Does Anyone want the Finger Print Coin for a Novelity Coin. Will be priced Cheaply. image
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken,

If you've paid for them, I have no problem with you adding them now. I'm not sure at what point they legally become yours, but I believe the seller's liability ends when an insured package is put into the mail.

Do you have pictures (or links to them) that you can show us, or did you just request the cert numbers?

Still curious to know what you got.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    RGLRGL Posts: 3,784
    Merc fans, help out a nickel nut ... I have picked up a raw 43-S, average strike, not FB, but with the most amazing proof like mirrors, virtually shimmering, great luster. For a coin that might otherwise grade MS-65, non FB, what will the proof like quality add to its potential grade, and, is it slab worthy? Truly amazing fields for a circulation strike, obviously one of the first coins off a new or newly polished die . I have some 40s proofs I wish looked as good ... Thanks.
  • Options
    remumcremumc Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken,

You paid for them, and by all rights they are yours, so add them. It is really your decision to make. Myself, I choose to wait until they are in hand, as I have a lot to learn about grading, and want to be sure I like the coin before I register it.

Now come on, the suspense is killing us, what did you get???

Decided to take your advice and register my 45-P 67 no bands, gonna miss that 100% full bands rating though!

Wayne

edited to correct spelling
    Regards,

Wayne

www.waynedriskillminiatures.com