Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Looks like 1968 Topps - Revere's Finest just hit 100%

Hopefully,

Now that he's hit the 100% mark, he'll open up viewing so that we can live vicariously through this truly remarkable set!
Frank Bakka
Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
outerbankyank on eBay!

Comments

• Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Frank,

This is truly an amazing set. It has to be nominated for the all-time finest vintage set and probably should be voted the #1 - in my opinion. I'm sure some will argue that this doesn't have the historical appeal that a '52 Topps or T-206 has, but Ron has just about the highest example of each card for the entire set. I haven't seen anyone else show that much dominance on that large of a set. I noticed that his set rating is 9.16 and the theoretical ceiling is 9.15 which probably means there is a glitch in the program, but it would not surprise me in the least if he's truly within 1 or 2% of the theoretical limit. Amazing, just amazing.

1968 Topps Baseball Registry
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭

<< <i>I noticed that his set rating is 9.16 and the theoretical ceiling is 9.15 which probably means there is a glitch in the program >>

This happens alot, and is likely due to PSA not updating the Finest Possible Set Rating when the POP report changes.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Dan,

I agree with you. There are so many outstanding sets out there but to have the best possible example of just about every card is truly amazing. He's got my vote.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options

Congradulations to Ron. I just traded him my Boyer nine 1of1 He is a very aggressive trader. I dont believe I could ever catch him so I thought I would rather have an ally. He also wants my Browne 296 10 which also is a 1 of 1. I just might give it up the man can be very enticing on his offers. Money does not seem to be a object. He also is a first class individual and a pleasure to deal with. I do know his set rating could go higher as there are 1 of 1's he does not own. I think PSA has not adjusted there set ratings. Anyway hats off to Ron
    and I know he will continue to make the greatest set ever greater.

Dave Jacobs
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    BJ told me that they only plan to update the "Finest Possible" ratings once per year -- so many of them are outdated.
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options

<< <i>He also is a first class individual and a pleasure to deal with. >>

I have had great experiences trading with registry members. With the exception of 1 recalcitrant registry member, every single experience in trading has generated a "win-win" trade.

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options

re - cal - ci - trant - {Webster's} adj. from the Latin recalcitrare to kick back, refusing to obey authority, custom, regulation; stubbornly defiant.

Moi?
  • Options
    seinbigdseinbigd Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Feel free to update the finest rating of sets you are interested in and e-mail the info to BJ. I've been updating the '62 and '75 Topps Baseball sets periodically for several months.
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Ron called me the other day to tell me he would be at 100%. I think he'll open it soon. I believe that he is missing under 5 that would be the top graded card. (Not counting 10's). Also he has the other set that I believe is 3rd. AMAZING. Ron's the man. He's got a great 41 PB and a 51 Bowman too.
  • Options
    Truly ZUnblieveable to first of all finnish a 598 card set in high grade is truly remarkable in and of itself to but to have the highest graded example of all those cards except a mere handful is astonishingimage

Hopefully he will open it up with some scans so we can all droolimage
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I just noticed they revised the highest possible Set Rating to 9.35. With Ron's 9.17 rating, he's at 98% of the theoretical limit. Superb work Ron!
  • Options

<< <i>Moi? >>

Absolutely not. Toppsgun, although we have never worked a deal to completion, I have completely enjoyed our conversations -- even if we don't always agree.

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey