Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

IHC Registry guys - 1860 MS67 at Santa Clara

Heritage has an 1860 MS67 IHC [Lot 5212] showing up in the Santa Clara auction [pop 7/0] now on their website. The next bid is $2760. I would guess it will go in the 7K range. Oddly enough the Heritage image of the coin looks more like an image we would see at B&M.

Comments

• LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that good or bad (the pic quality)?? I didn't catch the implication......sorry.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to see they've gone back to including high quality closeups with some lots. The Gorrell collection is also available for viewing on their FUN previews page. Hopefully they'll be adding closeups to many of these lots as well. A few higher resolution images from the Gorrell collection can be seen on their press release page, including the 1861 MS68 and 1858 LL MS67.
  • STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

Shylock - Would anyone on the forum grade this 1858 LL MS 67 ? D Duh ! It has weak upper tail feathers and two colors ont the reverse

The 1861 looks nice and bright...and it should.It is an an ms 68 !!!

Why photo an UGLY 1873 double Liberty ? it is also black and brown with a cameo obverse.....Hello Heritage

The 1864 L proof 64 r/b looks pretty bad .Are they really trying to sell these coins or showing us how bad these coins can look. image

stewart
    Stewart:

Must be pulling our collective chain. The 1st coin is the 1858/7 in MS64....the second you got....the third is your average 1873 S1....the 4th is primo...toned coins are "in". Haven't you been following the threads, manimage Get with it!imageimageimage Should have some heavy hitters there in sunny Florida having some FUN....see you there.
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
    Wish I was pulling your chains but I goofed, the 1858 MS67 isn't on the press release page. This looks more like it:

imageimage
    Shylock - The obverse of the 1858 looks great ...But....the reverse ?

What happened to ONE CENT ?

Tim - Are you one of the heavy Hitters ? Me ? I'm broke image

I'll watch the rest of the Penny Mafia bid insanely

Will there be any bargains ?

Stewart
    I'll be there to enjoy the fellowship...the want list is getting shorter by the month....can't wait to see what new photographic tips Shylock has come up with!
    Tim - Are you one of the heavy Hitters ? Me ? I'm broke. I'll watch the rest of the Penny Mafia bid insanely.

...said the spider to the fly. I'd reserve judgement on the MS67 FE until Orlando due to the nature of that photo. Hopefully, when Rick's cataloging is added, Heritage will also add some images like this one to most of the Gorrell lots. By the way, did this Lincoln come from your famous 1919 roll Stewart? The detail and color is breathtaking.
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was up at Heritage on Tuesday. I wrote the descriptions on less than 13 coins:
    1856 S-3 MS-66 (finest MS S-3)
    1856 S-5 PR-65
    1856 S-9 PR-65
    1864-L PR-64RB
    1886 T2 PR-66RD (Ex: Joshua)
    1861 MS-68 (Finest for type Ex: Epstein)
    1889 MS-68RD (Finest for type Ex: Epstein)
    1877 MS-66RD (2nd finest known, after Stewarts)
    1858/7 S-1 MS-64
    1857 PR-65
    1858 LL PR-65
    1858 SL PR-65
    1860 Pointed Bust MS-65

I feel these are the most interesting coins in the collection. You can fight over the other coins.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • RELLARELLA Posts: 960 ✭✭✭
    shylock,

I'm pretty sure that the 1919 is from the ones that Stewart made...plus the law of averages says it probably is since only one of the 14 didn't come from there. I think this is the one I've seen in person and its a great coin; wish I could have owned it but had no $$$ at the time and will be concentrating on other coins at this sale.

RELLA
    Do not fall into the error of the artisan
    who boasts of twenty years experience in his craft
    while in fact he has had only one year of experience...
    twenty times.
    Rick,

Now that the fellow board members know which coins you wrote descriptions for could you elaborate more on each coin? if your not allowed to do so,I fully understand.

Roger - your a pretty sharp guyimage

stewart
  • EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of what I can say is in the descriptions themselves:

View Gorrell FE & Indian collection

I won't/can't say what you should pay or what you should bid on.

Many of the non photo sealed coins came from another dealer. The photo sealed ones came from Eagle Eye - most of the monster coins.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
    Rick,

I love your Ego and your Prideimage

Stewart
    You can fight over the other coins.

Rick: You mean there won't be a fight over these?? Thank heavens - just have Heritage ship 'em to me tomorrowimage

Shylock - yes, I've become a heavy hitter....guess I should cut back on the Porter!image On the other hand, gotta get my name on the Rock Bottom Cafe Hall of Fame plaque...another registry, of sorts.