Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

For Those Who Have To Have A Certificate

For those of you who are doing everythoing possible to win a certificate--and there appears to be some real battles going on here-I am willing to sell any card in my collection at a price. Given that I have 82 vintage sets and one modern(1970 Kellogg) underway that I am in the process of trying to complete in psa 8 or better, I may have some cards that you need. All my sets are displayed on the registry. My prices will be expensive--even very expensive-for most cards--but if you want to win there are over 20,000 psa cards--most 8 or better to help you better your set ratings in the next 3 days. Simply e-mail me with your offers at jdc122@aol.com. I probably will say no but I will consider them.

For those of you that would consider it ridiculous that collectors would pay up just to win a certificate, l agree--but I am selling cards at big prices and am willing to sell more.

Comments

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    Vic,
    I guess I was a little rough on you.
    I hate to see you sell-off your collection like this, how will I sleep??image
    ps- if you are holding the psa9 Ernie Banks '71 Greatest Moments I will make your World turn.
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    This is what makes our hobby great!

The spirit of comraderie AND capitalism are alive and well on the board!image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Vic:

I will have a trade offer to you in the next day or two -- you only have one PSA 8 card I need from the 1955 Bowman set (I found the other that I previously asked for), but I might ask for one of your PSA 7's, too. However, I do want to point out that this trade proposal will have nothing to do with a certificate!

As before -- I will make you a ridiculously generous offer. I am sure we will come to terms this time.

20,000 PSA 8 or better cards. What an amazing achievement! And to think how many thousands more you will probably get graded over the next few months. Amazing stuff.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    The only way that I can try to complete all my sets in 8 or better is to offer to sell low pop or psa 9 vintage cards at "ridiculous" prices with the hope that I can come back and buy them later. I still believe this is the best strategy but time will tell. For example, the SMR on the 85 cards I need in 52 Topps is $100,000(and this is just one of the 82 sets I am working on). You either need to be incredibly wealthy(which I am not) or creative to attempt to succeed.

Davalillo
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    If someone really needs a certificate, for a nominal fee, I'd be happy to change my name on the '72 Kellogg's Registry to your name for the next 10 days. (assuming no one snipes me out of first place). Paypal accepted! image
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Davalillo,
    Just for grins I would like to buy your cards from the 1934 Batter up set. Please email me directly with a price for the whole deal. It looks as if you have only 5% complete, not too mention that you have some PSA 5's and 6's. This is definately your weakest set. All of your other sets are PSA 8 and 9. I am assuming that you are willing to let go of the low pops and weakest sets to accomplish a more powerful set. Makes great sense and I probably should do the same.
    Let me know.

Shaneleo@aol.com
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    Murcerfan,
    I will make his world turn if he has a PSA 9 Banks 1971 GM. Go back to drawing houses and stop wasting everyones time with these comments. You and I both know I will pay more for that card.... imageimageimage

Leo
  • Options
    I need about 50 more commons from the 1950 Bowman Football set in PSA 8. How much do you want for each? You can email me directly at: anjcollection@hotmail.com

Thanks!
    Andy
  • Options

No--I like my batter-ups and my stance on these would be the same as all my other sets--make me an offer and if I am blown away I may sell.

Andy,

Make me an offer--unless it is well above smr though I wouldn't bother--I need just two sevens upgraded for a psa 8 or better set.

Davalillo
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    are your prices for '53-54 parkhurst 7's also expensive?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Davalillo
    I love the set as well. I will think of an offer and email it to you. Will you trade some of your batter ups for some high grade 1970 Kelloggs? image LOL I have a Joe Horlan PSA 9 and Joe Pepitone PSA 9. I am sure these cards are pretty tempting.

• Options
    Ha! I assume this is a joke. My Kelloggs set is complete in 9.
  • Options
    Davalillo- I am! I will contact you later.

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I will sell any of the certificates I get for $100/insured with a professional-quality white-out job and replace your name over the appropriate field.

MS
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.