Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Hallelujah!!! 1959 Topps Subset of Thrills HOF done!

I know this isn't really a 'set', but I consider myself a set collector so I mainly post and check this board.

Anyways, I just wanted to share my euphoria in finishing my little 'subset' of HOF Thrills cards (got the Musial finally, after 5 years of searching!) ChampsnBums had one, but they want (still want) $1500 for it.

Now, if I could only find a Sievers and Pierce 9... image

59T Thrills

Comments

• Options
    helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    That's cool. I've often thought of building some of the subsets from various years, such as the '72 In Actions or '58 All-Stars or even just team cards.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    That is very cool...

Its always a treat to complete a high end subset like League Leaders or World Series/Playoffs. But, the 59 Thrills subset is definitely a winner! SWEET!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Great subset! Congrats on putting such a high grade run of cards together
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Awesome looking set AnJ...The '60 Allstars were always my favorite baseball cards, but Lord knows I've got more than enough going on right now in the way of "sets in progress" to add one more! Again, congrats! ...Michael
    Working on a high grade 54 Topps hockey set and a 62 Mars Attacks set, so please drop me a line if you have any singles PSA 7 or better as I AM ALWAYS BUYING!
  • Options
    hockeycardguru,
    i agree, i'm a fan of horizontal cards (i had posted a message a month back about a list of hz cards from 52topps- great response from levi707) and the 60 a/s were on my list. i just sold what i had though in order to fund this purchase (amongst others!) oh well!

what next, what next.... image
  • Options
    anjcollection...

Subset or not, it's still a great thrill.

Good job!!!

I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    MantlefanMantlefan Posts: 1,079 ✭✭
    Congratulations, those are beautiful cards.
    Frank

Always looking for 1957 Topps BB in PSA 9!
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    anj-

Do you mean you found a PSA 9 Musial or that it took you 5 years to get the 8? Either way, what did you pay?
  • Options
    Took me 5 years to find the PSA 9 Musial (on ebay, at least). I paid SMR for it (its not 50/50 centered which is a shame, but I'll take it!)

I have a 'set' of these in PSA 8 that I can't get myself to sell yet... but will probably do so soon...