Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Mercury guys get out your checkbooks Heritage is having a sale

Take a look at Heritages website as they are having a large auction in about a month. A bunch of high end Mers for sale. Time to get out the checkbook and piss off the wife...............I have a feeling this one is going to cost me.

Comments

• I wouldnt buy from Heritage if they were giving one away for every one you buy....So know one will ever have to worry about this guy bidding on one......good luck.
    Dennis

My Dimes

<< If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right the first time! >>
  • FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,401 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dennis:

ROFLMAO !!! Hmmm.....May I bid though ? I saw a couple I sort of liked. image

Ken
  • Please go for it....lolimage
    Dennis

My Dimes

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was looking at the Mercury dimes in the auction and this coin--here it is--surprised me. It's an MS68FB. For an MS68 coin, I expect either wild and grand color or else pristine blast white. This coin comes close to being blast white, but what is that small circular brownish spot on the reverse, on the sticks just above the bottom bands? If that spot is on the coin, it would be terribly distracting to me. So, I wonder how the coin earned its MS68 grade....

How about you: What do you think that spot is? And would it prove distracting to you?

Mark

P.S. Edited to add that I apologize if this coin belongs to anyone on these boards or if anyone on these boards has bid on the coin!
    Mark

• CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple that I might be interested in. It just depends on how much I spend before Nov. 21, or..... I could just consider it an early Christmas present to myself. image

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
    Mark:

What a Terrible Picture of that Dime. Looks like a PCGS Coffee Spill while Gradeing. image Could be Wrong I guess. image Personally the 67 coin thats coming from them looks better to me and probably will cost $600 to $700 less.

Ken

PS: I may be able to check the Dime out in person. Strongly thinking about driveing the 700 miles to go to the Santa Clara Show. I'll let everyone know in case there might be something someone wants. Will Not buy Coffee spilled Dimes though.image
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I left a bid on the 1917 FB with 2 other coins. Chances are I won't get them, but what the heck I have to try!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Don't feel bad PAt I have already been outbid on the 29-p and 29-s
    dimes
    TImimage
    At least for nowimage
    LOOKING FOR 1931-s merc that is nice for the grade and fb
  • there are a few on the list that would make a nice addition to my set.
    Hmmm. You guys are bidding already.

Let me know when you are Done. image

Did set up a watch list though. The 3 mentioned here are not on it. image I think. image

Ken
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dennis,

Come on now, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. What the heck happened between you and Heritage???

Jon

PS: I don't see anything special about that 44-D to pay big bucks for?!?!
    Jon:

They are Close Personal Friends. image

If they will not give him atleast 4 Coins for thr Price of 1 he will not Bid.image

Aww..... I better Shut Up. Damn sure do not want Dennis POed at me. image

Ken
  • So Ken what dimes are you watching??
    Just so I will not bid on them by accidentimage
    Tim
  • Ken, how could anyone ever be PO'd at you? You do care about the collector, unlike some other people do...image
    Dennis

My Dimes

Tim:

Went completely Loony Toons over there and put 8 to 10 Dimes on watch. Mostly like to see what they go for as a reference. More Mind cluttering with Numbers. image Will look again towards the closing and if Anything is within reason maybe a Bid will be Rendered.

Bid Away. image

Dennis:

The Kind Words made Me Blush. image I got the analogy though. image

Ken
  • Ken,if you go to the show you could even bid in person
    I believe the mercs go off on fridaynight the 22nd
    Tim
  • ttt
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I tell you what I bid on you all promise to stay awayimage>>Serious bid's.1920FB>21 FB>23-S FB lt tone,no ken dont you dareimage.Could be my BD presentimage.Al
    Hmmm......21P Huh !!! Possible Head Butting on that one. image

AL whens the BD ?? Let Me know for sure. image

Ken
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My '21-D is lonely and would like some company. That '21-P would fit nicely into my set. image Could be an interesting auction.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
    I'm Out of Any Bidding image just blew My Money 20 minutes ago on a Web Site. image
    The 21-P has a carbon spot,nobody would bid on that!image.Al

Hey guy's my BD is Nov,17 ,If im sober enough i'll check my mail for all those Gem BU merc'simage.Al
  • Al, is right the 21-p has a carbon spot on the cheek
    I am sure nobody wants that one.image
    I wonder what it will sell for, anyone care to make a guess??
    Tim
    Tim,
    My wild guess >$3,250.00image.Because of the strike only.Al
    I agree. That Dime is just Terrible Looking. The Obverse Rim lettering is weak and the slight Tone is just plain Ugly. Hair looks to be somewhat weak also. The Full Date is a plus for the dime IMO. Probably has reached its Full price potential already with the $26.00 Bid that has been placed. If someone here placed a Higher Bid than the $26.00 I would say they were Nutso.

Actually it sort of looks like a 64 Coin to me. Final Price Estimate: $28.00.....OK Real Guess.... In between 64FB and 65FB Money $2300 to $2500.

Ken
  • Okay 2 guess so far ,anymore out there
    I think about 3k will buy it plus the juiceimage
    Tim