Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways
Options

GIVEAWAY CONTEST TO JUNIOR COLLECTORS! WINNERS ARE...

1. Who is the figure portrayed on the 1915 Panama-Pacific $50 gold piece? The obverse depicts Minerva

2. Historically, what does this figure represent? Minerva, is the Goddess of Wisdom, Skill, Contemplation, Spinning, Weaving and of Agriculture

3. Who was the designer of the coin itself? Robert I. Aitken

RULES:

1. No help from any other human being (except for rides to the local library if necessary). This is on the honor system.

2. You may use any resource at your disposal, i.e. personal/family coin library, internet, etc. (Parents CANNOT write the answers down on a piece of paper and claim it as library reference material)

3. You must provide the source of your information

4. Only one entry per person

5. Deadline for submissions will be 29 October at 9:00PM Eastern

PRIZES: There will be three winners drawn from all correct replies. All will receive a 1982 Silver Proof Washington Commemorative Half Dollar in Mint Packaging

I really do appreciate the parents support and encouragement for this little project.

Please e-mail all entries to me at:

outhaul@yahoo.com

Please title your e-mail: Bob's Commemorative Contest

Cheers,

Bob

Comments

• Options
    I have emailed you Mr Outhaul.
  • Options
    i have emailed you as well but you already knew that.
    ---Skylar

send me something nice image
    i love surprises (nice ones like coins or chick-fil-a gift certificates)

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually
  • Options
    haha first off : ttt
    second: why isnt anybody entering?! this is an easy contest and some other yn's need to take this offer
    ---Skylar

"People my hate you while you are alive, but they will love you when you're dead."

---I said that actually
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, but at least you're a shoe-in for a prizeimage
  • Options
    lets just hope it is quicksand and once one foot is in the other shall soon follow
    ---Skylar

---I said that actually
  • Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The winners are:

thepunkrockcoinguy and niranjan

I can't believe that out of all the board members we only have two junior collectors!

Oh well...please PM me your addresses and I'll get these out today.
  • Options
    Thank you for choosing me for the prize.
  • Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Who is the figure portrayed on the 1915 Panama-Pacific $50 gold piece? The obverse depicts Minerva

2. Historically, what does this figure represent? Minerva, is the Goddess of Wisdom, Skill, Contemplation, Spinning, Weaving and of Agriculture

3. Who was the designer of the coin itself? Robert I. Aitken

My source is right above image

I gotta start coming here more often... dang!
    JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research