Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

First registry set

Are there any PCGS registry sets that are fairly easy and not too expensive to complete?
I would love to start one.
Mike

Comments

• Options
    the $10 plat set has 5-6 coins with 4 of them under $85 ea at BIN prices and the highest being the 1998 ms69 at like $500 if you go so the whole set can be had for under $1000.00 and have 6/10 of a oz of PLAT
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    I would like to recommend the Proof Jefferson '65-Present set. The majority of dates can be had in PCGS PR 69 DCAM for around $20 each. The SMS coins and the early '70s are tougher and make it more interesting. If you get the set to %100 complete you will be in the top 20. I think deep cameo Jeffs look great.
  • Options
    Probably the cheapest set to do is the proof Sacagawea. MS Sacagawea is also easy , but tough when you get into the MS 68 coins , and you need the Goodacre which is around $ 350 for an MS67.
    Howie
    Howie--Always looking to upgrade SBA , MS Eagles & Ikes
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    For beauty, history and moderate pricing, the Walker short set is a good one in MS64. If you're patient and careful, you can get some beautiful coins in that grade at a huge discount from MS65.

imageimage

Only 20 coins in the set. The only really pricey one is the 41-S, and even it can be had in PQ condition for under $200.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Check out the Pan-Pac commem subset. Five coins. Get two or three "braddicks" and you're #1, all time. image
  • Options
    Russ, you feelin' ok?? Or just trying to keep Kennedy prices down. image

Most of the modern sets can be completed quite inexpensively if you're not concerned about getting a top-ranked set.

If you like big coins, a variety of metallic compositions and appearances, several major type changes, enough coins to be interesting without overwhelming, cheap entry price and yet tremendous challenge if you decide to pursue top-grade examples... then as always:

You gotta Like Ike!
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Russ, you feelin' ok?? Or just trying to keep Kennedy prices down. >>

Where've you been?image I'm up to 65% on my short set. Slow going, though, because I'm building in a lower grade and looking for coins that look like the above - just got that one in this week.image

Russ, NCNE

• Options
    But the heads on those Walkers are so... tiny.
  • Options

I like Russ's suggestion on this one. I personally don't think you should try complete a set just because it is cheap. While I like some modern coins, such as Ikes, others such as the Sacs, SBAs or the bullion coins just don't do it for me. Go for a set that you will really enjoy, and I would think just about anyone would like a short set of Walkers.

JJacks
    Always buying music cards of artists I like! PSA or raw! Esp want PSA 10s 1991 Musicards Marx, Elton, Bryan Adams, etc. And 92/93 Country Gold AJ, Clint Black, Tim McGraw PSA 10s
  • Options
    I Decided to go with the short set of WL's and 1965-present Roosevelt dimes. I have a few WL's aready such as the 41 S in atleast MS 63 and I know they are not cleaned.
    Look what I just scored on ebay
    68-S PR-68 DCAM
    69-S PR-68 DCAM
    95-S Silver PR-69 DCAM