Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

WIWAG???? - Where did they go!!??

I have been watching a few Hassan Triple Fold PSA auctions over the past couple days....beautiful cards....all being sold by WIWAG.
Looks like the auctions got pulled...and their ID is no longer valid?!

Any ideas on why?

Brian
There are many worse addictions in the world than the PSA Set Registry...right?!?!

1952 Topps Baseball PSA 6,7,8's
1933 Goudey PSA 5's
T202 Hassan Triple Folds
1962 Topps Football PSA 8's

Comments

• Options
    sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Good question!

All my bids with them were CX'd by EBAY today. It doesn't sound good.

Anyone else affected by this?
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743
    it was brought to my attention that ebayer
    and sportscard veteran stanthemansportscards
    is no longer registered as well.....???
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Does WIWAG still advertise in the SMR?
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    The website is still up ....

WIWAG
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Doesnt look to good for these guys.... could the party be over?

John
  • Options
    Hi Brian/Guys,

Wiwag (When it was a game) still exists on Ebay. Their ID is fine. I just checked it. It could have been these triple folds were a cosignment and the owner pulled them so Wiwag had to end them. I have seen that happen before. Stan the man sportscards is still a valid ID on ebay also, but he has not been selling that much since his heart attack.

Later,
    Mike
    Always looking for 1952 Bowmans and 1953 Johnston Cookies PSA 8's and higher.
  • Options
    Wiwag is still showing as being "not a registered user" on Ebay. Should be interesting to see if their website offers any answers over the next few days, but at this point, it appears that their main sales outlet has been shut down...Michael
    Working on a high grade 54 Topps hockey set and a 62 Mars Attacks set, so please drop me a line if you have any singles PSA 7 or better as I AM ALWAYS BUYING!
  • Options
    FYI...Stanthemansportscards is also no longer a registered Ebay user...Michael
    Working on a high grade 54 Topps hockey set and a 62 Mars Attacks set, so please drop me a line if you have any singles PSA 7 or better as I AM ALWAYS BUYING!
  • Options
    Not just the triple folds i was tracking some 55 all americans wiwag had up they went down as well and the show not active on ebay .i called wiwag friday to ask what was up. the answer was quote we are not sure whats going on.(end quote).i then asked if they would be relisting them monday or can i make a stright buy offer on them now and pay with a cc since i have done buiss with them that way many times i was told not now check back monday.so i quess we just wait and see whats up .i must say i have nothing but great things to say about wiwag have always been more then happy with there service i hope all will be worked out.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    That's weird -- I thought I recently saw that WIWAG was high bidder on an auction I was tracking...
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    pcpc Posts: 743

<< <i>Hi Brian/Guys,

Their ID is fine. I just checked it. Stan the man sportscards is still a valid ID on ebay also, but he has not been selling that much since his heart attack.

Later,
    Mike >>

mike-neither are registered.stan has had health issues
    but what heart attack?.you typing out of your butt or
    wha???
    Money is your ticket to freedom.
  • Options
    i'm glad someone else noticed. i was bidding on one of their auctions too and noticed the item was 'pulled' and that all of their auctions were gone. i had tried emailing them last week about some football cards i was interested in and it took them a week to get back to me and they said that whatever they had on their website for football, was currently not in stock... whatever that meant.

i deal with these guys all the time and have so for the last 4-5 years. great people to work with... i hope nothings wrong!
  • Options

I have to admit i have nothing but great things to say about WIWAG. It has been nothing but a pleasure dealing with them. Without speculatiing too much im guessing they likely violated an ebay policy and will be forced to sit on the sidelines for a month(it could be anything from advertising their website in the wrong way on there ebay page or has to do with maybe changing items when relisting to avoic fees etc.)

Peter @champs@bums had to take a seat for 30 days in July so it happens to the big dealers as well
  • Options
    Never heard of anyone getting suspended for not violating an ebay policy. Obviously WIWAG was not playing by the rules. Not all suspensions are 30 days. Often they are permanent.
    Bottom of The Ninth
    ebay id grays
    Visit my site at http://www.botn.com
  • Options
    Hi PC/everyone else,

Stan had a heart attack several months ago and he is recovering, but slowing down from the last time I heard. His website is still being updated. I did not notice Wiwag and Stanthemansportscards were no longer registered users on Ebay. My bad. I have to call craig Monday and see what's up with them. As far as my experiences, they were always customer friendly and their prices were somewhat reasonable. I bought a bunch of cards from them and I would be shocked if they are going out. I hope not.

Later,
    Mike
  • Options
    WIWAG always was good to me. Jake was very quick to call when an item came in. I hope everything is OK.

I am sure there will be a post when someone finds out what has happened. Maybe they are getting out of the card business.
  • Options
    any word?
    www.LloydWTaylor.com
    Vintage Baseball Cards
    Sales and Ebay Consignment Service
    email
    Lloyd_Taylor_Vintage_Cards -- on Ebay
  • Options
    Straight from the Horse's mouth. I sent an email and asked what was going on. Here is the response:

"Unfortunately we are having some issues with Ebay at the moment. We hope to get them cleared up in the near future."

I'm not sure what that means, but they are obviously still in business.image
    I need that 69 Bench ASimage

• Options
    I bought some cards from them direct yesterday. I was told they are facing a permanent suspention from ebay and they are moving out of the vintage card field going to all new stuff have been selling there vintage stuff off to differant action houses. best of luck to them have always done right by me.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭

<< <i>I was told they are facing a permanent suspen(s)ion from ebay... >>

Hmmm. WIWAG meant When It Was A Game. I guess the Game is over.....
  • Options
    Any idea on what the suspension is based on?
  • Options
    anything new on this?????
    imageimage
  • Options
    NO news but i would like to say i did buy almost a grand worth of cards off them direct after the ebay issue that i got in mail today so whatever the ebay troubles may be they continue to deliver great service.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    I don't know the history of WIWAG, or why they are alledgedly receiving a permanent suspension which is very serious. Usually, if a seller is caught shill bidding once, they receive a one month suspension. A second offense deems permanent suspension. Does anyone know if they were suspended before?

eBay's Rules about Shill Bidding
  • Options
    Guys,

I can say this I never seen anything fishy in their auctions...

Matt
  • Options
    I have been dealing with Jake and Craig from WIWAG for 2 years now. They have always given great service, their prices were fair in my opinion and all of their merchandise (Ebay or not) was great. Something must have happened. Another way to get a suspension from Ebay is not to pay your Ebay bill. Maybe there is a dispute? Their phone # is still live and their website is still up.