Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

A little OT: Kile to get early consideration for Hall

Kile to get early consideration for Hall

I posted this here to get everyone's perspective and to get a fresh topic... The stats provided in the article (133-119, 4.12 ERA, 1,668 K, 28 CG), IMO, hardly make him a candidate for the Hall. I know that it was a tough and sad loss for baseball, but I don't think he belongs in the Hall with those stats. This brings up the fact that people like Munson and Bill Buckner, who have better comparable stats, aren't in the HOF either. Am I forgetting of someone who's already in there who has creditentials like Kile's?
Currently collecting the Nolan Ryan Basic and Topps Player sets.

NAXCOM

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    I'm betting that this is just a nicety for him to be considered on the ballot.

If he were to get in - that would be a travesty considering all of the other players with much better stats who are still on the outside looking in.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    I have no problem with Kile getting early consideration for the Hall. IMHO however Kile does not belong in the Hall ... His career stats and record are nowhere near Hall of Fame Caliber. This was a sad moment and a tradgedy but that should not gain him HOF status....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with everyone. He should not be considered. Great team player and great pitcher, but nothing HOF material.

Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    I beleive that those who vote will do the right thing and NOT vote him into the hall.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I posted some of my thoughts here:

Other CU thread
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Stats/Analysis

To quote:

Black Ink: Pitching - 1 (Average HOFer ~ 40)
    Gray Ink: Pitching - 79 (Average HOFer ~ 185)
    HOF Standards: Pitching - 11.0 (Average HOFer ~ 50)
    HOF Monitor: Pitching - 31.0 (Likely HOFer > 100)

A HOF'er should certainly be among the best active players. He should lead the league in something, several times. Kile didn't do this.

When a player dies while active, the proper thing to do is have a moment of silence, put the guy's number on the other players' jerseys, wear a black arm band, and/or whatever. It is not especially proper to put the guy in the HOF unless he would have gotten there anyway.

bruce
    Collecting '52 Bowman, '53 Bowman B&W, and '56 Topps, in PSA-7.
    Email: brucemo@seanet.com
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    this is really a non-issue
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    the miscarriage of justice was Santo not getting in HOF PS Holtzman should be considered before Kile
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    His appearance on the ballot is done automatically.
    "In the rare circumstance where a player passes away during the course of his career, and has played in at least 10 seasons, the normal five-year waiting period is waived and reduced to six months," said Jeff Idelson, a vice president of the Hall of Fame.