Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

New Years Resolution and Goals

When this year started, someone posted a thread for the members here to comment on their collecting goals for the year. (Sorry I searched but couldn't find it). Since we are closing in on the end of the year and time is running out, how has reality stacked upto your goal.

For me I am still searching for 4 Lincolns to finish my 09 to 58 series (can't find the quality) while upgrading others and my Complete US type set has broken the 35% mark.

IMO, I have noticed the quality of whats available has dropped and the prices have jumped this year. Might need to wait for that bear coin market.

Rich

Comments

• Options
    I think I switched gears on my goals. Things change. I bought a proof twenty cent piece rather then the final three 20'th Century type proofs I wanted.

I'm also thinking about looking at my set as an unfinished complete type set rather than a 20'th Century set and something else. This would allow me to buy Morgans and Barbers from 1897 and 1898 for my type set. That would help because I love deep cameo coins and those seem to be the best years for them.
  • Options
    well Im new here and still have not reached my small goals from I started to collect again from where I had stoped when I was way younger I set goals for myself when I joined the board here and will be real close to reaching them. The major thing I still need is to register the coins I have in there respective sets $10 doller plats, proof dc ikes and a few here and there I need one last coin in Pr69 dc to finish that set but I do have the coin in pr68dc I may crack it out and try for a upgrade

good luck to everyone on reaching there goals
    9/11/01 NEVER FORGET

12/14/03 Bremer Confirms U.S. Captured Saddam

Joe Holt

joe_holt@bellsouth.net
  • Options
    Hi All. I had a goal to have my MS Kennedy set at 50%, will I'm glad it not the end of the year yet I still have two or three to go to get over the hill. I do have my eye on one right now will see what happens. My Resolution will thats anouther story, I had plans to quit smoking and I did for 5 months but I'm back smoking but its a pack a week not a pack a day. working on quiting again.
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    My New Years Resolution is to catch up to Keyrock in Lincolns!image
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had wanted to have all but about 5 Mercury dimes in my set, but put new siding on the house instead. As a result, I'm still lacking 15 coins, and I'm going to be very picky about new additions. I've also found that I miss buying any type of coin that I like at the moment. I'm going to a show next weekend, and have decided that I'll buy whatever catches my eye. That's more fun than limiting myself to one design.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Spooly, I need to pass you on the large cents, Every time I take a bite you keep upping the ante. Maybe for 2003 I'll focus soley on the coppers. image

Rich