Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

ANACS Population, 1971S MS67 Silver Ike

imageWhere could I find the ANACS population of a 1971S MS67 Ike and would a ANACS silver MS67 Ike be similar in quality to a PCGS coin?

Thanks, Charlie

Comments

• In my relatively limited experience with them, ANACS is generally reasonable grading MS silver Ikes, but it may or may not be similar in quality to a PCGS MS67.

If it's from a knowledgable seller, it's almost assuredly not a "lock" PCGS MS67, or that's the holder it'd be in right now. image That's an expensive coin in PCGS MS67, with no MS68 graded to date.
  • braddickbraddick Posts: 22,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even PCGS MS67 1971-S Ikes are not a lock PCGS MS67.
    Ask Keith.

peacockcoins

• jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    I agree. Many PCGS MS67 71-S dogs out there. Nevertheless, there are full PCGS MS67 grade 71-S coins also. Be patient to find one. image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • ANACS has only graded 2 in 67. [latest report] I would take it in a heartbeat if the price is affordable. Chas.
    Charles Crews ** CU Members that I have had Buy/sell deals with alohagary,dabigkahuna,goldman86,fivecents,endzone,clackamas,ericj96,Bochiman,Wingsrule,adriana,claychaser,holeinone1972,itsnotjustme,MJcoin,Kishul,jsego,TWQG,carlwolfort,jmski52,steelielee,grote15
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    image I was watching this auction linkfor a 1971-S ANACS MS67 Silver Ike, but it got out of my price range.

Charlie
  • moosesrmoosesr Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭
    imageI couldn't get the link to work, it was Ebay #1392079612.

Charlie
  • Link

Very low eye appeal, and (in my opinion) not a good candidate to cross over to PCGS MS67.

I think you did well to lay off this one.
    My eBay Items

I love Ike dollars and all other dollar series !!!

I also love Major Circulation Strike Type Sets, clad Washingtons ('65 to '98) and key date coins !!!!!

If ignorance is bliss, shouldn't we have more happy people ??
  • Tough to tell from a scan, but while it looks clean, it lacks the crisp strike PCGS likes to see in that grade.

And it appears to have little luster. I would guess an overdipped -- and judging from the toning -- not properly rinsed coin. And since it needs another bath to have a hope of being a true MS67, that would knock the luster down further.

In other words, what fantasiize said. image