Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

new to the board- need help

I have been collecting just psa 9 graded newer rcs,mostly baseball, but decided to start going for the 65 and 71 complete set,looking for 9's only, this will take awhile on a limited budget, but like the challenge starting from scratch, also been buying ungraded on ebay and been trying to find other places to find some vintage cards thanks jeff
set needs
03/04 & 05/06 topps black
72-77 topps baseball raw
72-75 topps football raw
any years santo,williams,banks,
payton,butkus,sayers,piccalo,ditka,hampton
wantlist

good transactions katscards,swartz1,packman,Salinas

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Superior Sports has many cards in inventory as well as auctions every three months. I imagine that they will have some 1965 and 1971 star cards.

Great luck on your sets -- I'm sure you'll eventually find out that a 1971 Topps set in PSA 9 condition is a pipe dream at best. I have a very nice Phillies Team card professionaly graded SGC 96 that I am willing to sell, if you are interested.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

Jeff-

Best of luck with your goals...with the 1965's there are a handfull of collectors that are pursuing these cards aggresively right now. The good news is that time is on your side...and after they get theirs...you will most likely be able to pickup a 9 down the road at a lesser cost as pops rise. The reason: there are only a handul collectors collecting commons at that high of a grade. The star and semi-stars are a whole other story.

Good Luck!

John
  • Options
    thanks for the info, yes the 71 will be hard, but will give it a try, leaving for vegas today, not doing any transaction till I get back on monday
    set needs
    72-77 topps baseball raw
    72-75 topps football raw
    wantlist

• Options
    nascar20...

Looks like you have your sights on a tough couple of sets in high grade!!! WHAT!!..Then your heading for Vegas and won't think about cards until Monday.........................................Atta'boy!!!

You've got things in the proper prospective!!! (Win enough to buy all the 9's!!)

Good luck...KING KELLOGG
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    yes, if I come back with some cash, there will be a buying spree
    set needs
    72-77 topps baseball raw
    72-75 topps football raw
    wantlist

• Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    please lose the beckett link
  • Options
    Murcerfan,

His link is just to his want list. Is that inappropriate?

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    Good luck Nascar! There are some heavy hitters out there putting the 71 Topps PSA 9 set together (or making a concerted effort at it), so coming by those cherrys will be tough without really opening up the pocketbook! I agree that it's one incredible looking set though and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors (and in Vegas!) ...Michael
    Working on a high grade 54 Topps hockey set and a 62 Mars Attacks set, so please drop me a line if you have any singles PSA 7 or better as I AM ALWAYS BUYING!
  • Options
    murcerfanmurcerfan Posts: 2,329 ✭✭
    sorry.
    Wayne,
    I did not bother to view the link.
    The vintage buy/sell/trade forum is always a good place for want lists.
    I just have a nausea reaction when I see Beckett used on this forum.
    good luck, have fun, enjoy.
  • Options
    Murcerfan,

I know what you mean. I can't think of any redeeming value for Beckett's existance other than to make "half off" sound like a bargain. You know when you pay half of Beckett you typically overpaid.

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football