Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

2 Gem 10s from 1978 BB

I was very pleased to get two 1978 gem mint 10 cards amongst my most recent submission to PSA. They are both one of ones and none at SGC either, # 205 Vic ldrs with Carlton and Palmer plus # 537 Larry Harlow. My other results were somewhat in line with what I expected.

All cards sent were not "expecting" a 9 or better, but I did submit some in several sets which were in my 9 or better mode. All Topps BB:

73, 7= 3 9s, 3 8s, 1 a 5
78, 13= 2 10s, 11 9s
79, 51= 33 9s, 15 8s, 3 a 5 or 6
80, 14= 10 9s, 4 8s

The 78,79, and 80 stock was quite similar, in that it was almost all purchased about 20 years ago from the same place . While certainly not scientific, these results comfirm my, perhaps sophomoric, belief that the 79s are tougher than average for the late 70s. image
This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations on the 10's. If you wish to part with the Palmer, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Robert
    rbeaton@islinc.com
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Jaxxr-

Sounds like an amazing submission. Especially with the '78s and not pulling any PSA 8's or lower.

I am also interested in the Carlton/Palmer card. If you are selling, please let me know.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    jaxxr...

Congrats on the 10's.....Always a heart pumper when they show up!!

The thing that really impresses me is that you got past the 3 years of tough snow/smear riddled manufacturing flaws to get (47) 9's. That's worth the effort. Good job!
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    jaxxrjaxxr Posts: 1,258 ✭✭
    Thanx for the comments on the tens guys.

I have already traded the two gems to another board member for a GAI graded first issue 10 1988 Topps Mac and Canseco leader card. Just kidding about the card, though I do truly like that one. I got back some 79s which I do actively collect unlike the 78s. Wish I might have gotten a 79 in ten, but no complaints, I was quite estatic when I first viewed the invoice.

Still can't figure the three 5s and one six I got. I have broken them out cleanly and upon re-examinination they still look like 9s or better, perhaps with one possibly having too many small "specks" on one border. But even so, why not an 8ST ? Oh well, overall very pleased. image
    This aint no party,... this aint no disco,.. this aint no fooling around.