Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1962 Fleer Football

Hi guys. I love the design of the '62 Fleer football set, but barely any of have been graded and there is only one set over 5% registered. Are these hard to find or just not popular? Any tips on dealers that might have nice raw stock? Thanks,
Joe
No such details will spoil my plans...

Comments

• wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

The issue has fewer cards graded than any major (Topps, Fleer, Philadelphia) set of the entire 60's.
    There just weren't many of these cards produced, and those that were average about 80 / 20 centering.
    Also, it's Football, not Baseball, and AFL, not NFL.

Couple those factors with the lack of any real rookies of note,
    and you end up with an overlooked set,
    despite the clean, colorful, classic design.

Still it's my favorite all-time set, so thanks for bringing it up AlanAllen, and welcome ! image

BTW, I too would love to find a dealer with some submittable raw cards.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • I have to say - I just stay away from Fleer Issues - I've seen too many uncut sheets -
    Although, if I had to choose one Fleer Issue to collect, it would probably be the 62.
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

MKKBB -

Other than the entire 1960 set,
    and the 1961 second series only,
    I've never seen, or heard of, any of the other Fleer Football issues in uncut sheet form.

If they exist, they would be extremely rare.

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Wolfbear - I'll have to take your word on that - I never look close enough at the Fleer to see what year or series it is.
    I pretty much thought that if I was seeing that much uncut Fleer that it included all the years. (You have to admit that a lot of the Fleer issues look similiar).

But if your correct, and I will be looking closer now, then 62 would be the way to go.

thanks for the info all!
  • AlanAllenAlanAllen Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the welcome and the info image. I can't say that I've seen any uncut stuff from '62 either. I've seen the '61 sheets and I have an uncut strip from '60 at home... I can't recall seeing any '63s either now that I think about it.

The '62 set has only four HOFers and two rookies of note, but it's such a nice design I'm surprised it's not more widely collected. SMR for a set in PSA 8 it about 2 large... I might just have to pursue that.

I'm glad you responded WolfBear, you have a very nice partial set there, and I love the scans.

Joe
    No such details will spoil my plans...