Home PSA Set Registry Forum

If the board members can find the time...I'd like to introduce myself...I am KING KELLOGG

Thanks to all who read this thread.

I've been reading these passages for a long time now and saw how much fun you all were having that I couldn't wait any longer to get involved.

I am KING KELLOGG...Most of you know me by my eBay ID...nailman22, as I have done many buy/sells with alot of you.

My sports card collecting time span has been about 40+ years, and have traveled coast to coast to obtain these little cardboard treasures....... I really do enjoy the folks that surround this great hobby.

As you can see by my signature line, I collect a variety of cards, some older, some not....... I believe the true value of any set, no matter how diversified, is what it means to the collector, and does the collector get enormous pride and satisfaction from the challenging mission ahead!.... That's what collecting (anything) is all about..... I collect Kellogg's baseball cards, and have been since 1970, for only one reason........THEY'RE FUN!!!

Anyway fella's this might get a little long winded, but I feel even though this is the 1st. post for me, I didn't get here without a lot of help from a lot of fine people...

THANK YOU CARKIM!!!...
Carlos, You show great insight when carefully explaining collecting concepts to novices. The entire hobby should thank you.

THANK YOU ZARDOZ!!!...
Paul...Without your compassion for the human side of collecting, I would not be here today.

THANK YOU RBEATON!!!...
Robert...Thanks for the kind words on the boards. You make everybody feel welcome.

THANK YOU THEGEMMINTMAN!!!...
Without your compeititive nature, especially on eBay, I would of walked away from completing my '70 set as it would have been no fun at all.

THANK YOU QUAILTYCARDS!!!...
Jay, you are just about the funniest guy I've ever came across. Your humor cracks me up all the time. I want to do future deals with you just so I can get those crazy emails...Love 'em.

THANK YOU FB...
Frank...Without your help, I would not be in the top rows of the 1972 Topps BB registry.

THANK YOU 1420SPORTS!!!...
Neal...Your keen intrest in collecting quality cards rubs off on all of us.

THANK YOU BIGKIDATHEART!!!...
Jeff, thanks for ebay deals in the past. You're a PRO. How come you didn't get a box of Kellogg's from me???.............Pssssst ("buy a card!!!")...Don't give any of your good cards to Eli..(kids get too much slober on 'em).

THANK YOU MCASTALDI!!!...
Mike, You are one of the main reasons I joined the Registry. I found that having fun with cards was contagious.

THANK YOU DUDE!!!...
Dan, You have not only gone to the top of the Kellogg's heap (1972), but you have also given more positive awareness to those thinking about collecting "K" cards. All 3-D collectors should shake your hand.

THANK YOU MSCHMIDT!!!...
Marc, whether you think cards are vintage or not is up to you. Whether you are in camp A, or B, or XYZ makes no difference. The fact is that you have amassed a premier collection of Schmidt cards that include Kellogg's brands, and for that point, you have helped the Kellogg's awareness too. My thanks.

THANK YOU BASILONE!!!...
John, I see a strong future for you in Kelloggland. I'm sure , with your professional talent with accounting , that you came to the same conclusion that I did...With 21 (real) participants on the 1970 Kellogg's registry, the average grade for all of us is 8.968...OUTSTANDING, and you helped us get there!!!

THANK YOU RICCABONI!!!...
Ian, With your zest for youthful thinking and a few more Kellogg's cards, you could be our next Champion!

THANK YOU CALLEOCHO!!!...
I see that you and THEGEMMINTMAN make up our "bookends". With your D. Campanaris PSA 9 on the registry, that make you a contender of the future. Great job!!! Keep going!!!

and lastly....(yeah)

I know I have missed thanking many fine collectors, but I have just run out of steam!

THANK YOU BOARD MEMBERS for transferring your knowledge, compassion, and true grit to the collecting masses in whatever set you pride in!!!!

KING KELLOGG
I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!

Comments

• King Kellogg,

Great post and welcome!

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Larry,

Great to see you on the boards !!! Look foward to your input here!

Jeff

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain.
  • Welcome King Kellogg,

I check your auctions everyday for more Mike Schmidt Kellog's :-)

They're Greeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaatt!
  • THE DAY HAS COME - THE LONG AWAITED ARRIVAL OF THE KING OF KELLOGG'S!!

imageimage
  • Wayne8348...

Thanks for your hospitality!!

I'll try to keep up!
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

CHEERS!!
  • calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    welcome KING KELLOGG! ...this board is filled w/ a great bunch of guys.

join in more often and dont worry i will add a few more cards very soon although i doubt i will ever make to the other side of the bookstand ..it will be fun nevertheless

good luck Ethan
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

King Kellogg-

Great Post and Welcome to the Boards.....its been a long time coming! I look forward to doing business with you in the future! As you know the set registry board is filled with some great guys and you are no exception!

John
  • Basilone...

Thanks for the friendly welcome!

Reminds me of a frat house!!!

CHEERS!!
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>Reminds me of a frat house!!! >>

I lived in one for 3 years...needless to say unless Zardoz breaks out his "beer bong" and we have a "co-ed mixer" there are some slight differences.

imageimageimageimage

John
  • King Kellogg

Nice to have you on board and thank you for your kind komments.

John

A co-ed In-and-Out Burger, beer bong bash doesn't sound like too bad an idea frankly. image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Welcome to the board King Kellogg we have butted heads a few times on auctions. Good luck and stay the course.image

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
  • King Kellogg,

Welcome! Thanks for the kind words and thanks for the Corn Flakes image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Larry,

I've been wondering from afar who King Kellogg might be - but seeing now who it is - IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! Welcome to the boards and thank you for letting us watch you bend those Kellogg's sets to your will!!!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • 1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    King Larry, I knew it was you!
    Welcome your majesty!!!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Hi, we're the WelKoming Kommittee. Our rekords indikate that you have never been officially acknowledged by the Kellogg's Karnival.

imageimageimageimage

"KING KELLOGG in the skyyy with diamonds"
  • mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Larry -- A most heartfelt welcome.

I have some 1980 Kellogg's that I will be submitting to PSA in the next few months -- I'll be sure to let you in on my extras after I take over the #1 spot ;-)

Welcome to the boards -- it is great to have you!
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    The King has entered the Forum! Welcome your majesty and thank you for your very kind words and for one of the best written opening messages in recent memory!
  • Thanks for all the warm and gracious welcomes!!!

This truly is the place to be and learn!!!

KING KELLOGG

CHEERS!!
  • qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wow! The mysterious LARRY X, the KORRO man himself surfaces, you went from being elusive and secretive to a National celebrity, and to think all in the name of Kellogg's!!! For months, I've been pleading and begging you to join the ranks, so its nice that you finally mustered enough courage to now be seen and heard by all. And of course your wisdom and knowledge of your chosen collecting field will benefit the masses to no end!image - WELCOME ABOARD - ...jay
  • King Kellogg......Allow me to also welcome you aboard.

This is a great forum with many of the finest card collecting minds in the hobby today.
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • have 2 1980 psa 10s; any interest?
    Thejam:

If either of them are Hall of Famers or Philadelphia Phillies, I am interested. Please e-mail me with details.

schoenen@yahoo.com
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • both kellogg's 1980 1 is fisk ; other is garvey
  • thejam...

Thanks for the offer!!!

Email me on the Fisk card.

emards4457@msn.com .

CHEERS!!
    e-mail me on the prices for either card. Thanks

schoenen@yahoo.com
  • King Kellogg,
    Welcome to the board!! I have seen your sets listed on the registry for a while now, its nice to see you finally post. Good luck with your collection!!