Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Okay, DAM, I'm coming for you in the Two Cent pieces! :-)

My new Two Cent registry set.image Just kidding. I'll never be able to compete with yours, but I guess I can dream.image

Russ, NCNE

Comments

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Glad to see it Russ!

I've had my set up, less a couple of upgrades, since PCGS started the Registry. I thought no one but me liked two cent pieces. In the 1997 Registry Book I'm the only one listed (besides a phantom listing, which in my book is a bunch of crap image ). In the 2001 book, I'm the only listing (they removed the Two Cent Phantom). Almost two years later there seems to be some interest.

BTW, I started collecting in low MS grades, until I got the bug. Just remember, you too can catch the fever! image

Looks like you have a nice start. Keep it up! image
    Dan
  • Options
    Here is a quick upgrade Russ image
    1865 2 Cent MS65RD
    Bill

The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>BTW, I started collecting in low MS grades, until I got the bug. Just remember, you too can catch the fever! >>

DAM,

Your warning comes too late.image I had originally started buying them in XF and was going to build a little set in that grade. Still will buy those. Along the way, I sniped an excellent deal on the 1864 in MS62RB. My thought was that I'd like to have just one mint state example for comparison purposes.

Then, early this week, that damned Jonimage (RCNH) had a list of coins over in BST and on that list was the 1865 in MS62RB. My '64 cried out to me and said "Get me a brother!" So, of course, before I knew it I had PM'd Jon and grabbed the '65.image

Russ, NCNE