Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

KELLOGG'S KONTEST ANSWER KEY AND KONTEST WINNERS

WOW! We were up through the night kalculating the results and all the last minute entries! It has been a very exciting kontest and thanks to all who kontended.

First we thought it would be fun to go through the questions and provide possible akceptble answers along with some answers provided by the kontestants:

1) Why is the '70 Kellogg's set considered a VINTAGE set and not a modern set? (Answer in 30 words or less)

A: Really, any answer here would do. We were looking for facts or originality, and no one really got it wrong.

Some of the more "original" answers were:

"LSD is considered a 'vintage' drug and it was popular in 1970...so the card must be also."

"It is vintage because you and thegemmintman say it is!!!!!"

2) Who is the Dark Evil Force trying to disrupt the '70 Kellogg's Utopian Society?

A: Vic, Davalillo, Vic Davalillo,and Darth Vic were all akceptable answers. Only one person got this wrong, and we shall get back to that later in the thread.

3) Which Kellogg's Kollector should you always sell your One of One '70 Kellogg's PSA 10's to?

A: Gemmint OR Zardoz are both akceptable answers, and almost everyone had this korrect. One kontestant was very klever and responded, "ZardoMintman". He received bonus points for that but got nearly everything else inkorrect.

4) What is the official drink of the '70 Kellogg's set?

A: Koolaid, Specific Koolaid Flavors, and Vodka Koolaid are all akceptable answers. Most kontestants responded akkurately, but there were a kouple of "Milk" answers. YUCK!!

5) When someone announces that they started kollecting the '70 Kellogg's set, which TWO fictional characters greet that kollector on the Registry Board?

We kan't believe that NO ONE got this kompletely korrect. Only one kontestant kould even deskribe the TWO fiktional charakters with any akkuracy, and that was Basilone. Of kourse he kouldn't name either of them so I had to deduct more points from his skore.

A: The answers are "The Koolaid Man" (only akceptable answer for that charakter), and the "Kellogg's Karnival Rocker" or "Kellogg's Rocker" or "Koolaid Rocker" or "Kellogg's Koolaid Rocker" are all akceptable variations for the other charakter. We kan't believe how many people answered "Tony the Tiger". Tony only made like one appearance all this time, and he works in Kellogg's Korporate Headkorters so he rarely greets the folks.

Here they are guys:

The Koolaid Man!

Kellogg's Karnival Rocker!

AND NOW WITHOUT ANY FURTHER DELAY..OUR KONTEST WINNERS!!!!!!!

BASILONE! WAS AKTUALLY THE MOST AKKURATE OVERALL

"DCLANSING" THE FUNNIEST - BUT WHO ARE YOU? PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF TO KOLLECT YOUR PRIZE

"FAB4" - BEST WISE GUY REMARKS - BUT WHO ARE YOU? PLEASE IDENTIFY YOURSELF TO KOLLECT YOUR PRIZE.

BOBS - DEAD AKKURATE EXCEPT FOR TONY THE TIGER

1420SPORTS - A SOLID EFFORT FROM THIS UP AND KOMING KOLLECTOR

AND OUR SIXTH AND FINAL KELLOGG'S KONTESTANT WINNER IS...

RICCABONI!!

However Ian you answered question # 2 VERY INKORRECTLY so in order to klaim your prize you must post below that "Davalillo is a very bad man" TEN TIMES.

CONKRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR WINNERS, AND WE LOOK FORWARD TO OUR NEXT KELLOGG'S KONTEST!!!!!

The Kellogg's Adventure Kontinues...

Comments

• Options
    Will all the prize winners email me @ zardoz51@aol.com with their mailing addresses. Prizes will be mailed out on Monday.

Thank you for your participation. Please be sure to register the start/addition of your set on the PSA registry.

Congratulations to all, and thank you for your participation.

Stay tuned to this board for our next Krazy Kellogg's Kontest
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    YAHOO! dclansing is rw2win, the Bear in the Big Blue House icon.
    I can tell my wife I am no longer a loser!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!image
  • Options
    WOW, that's great Rw2win! KONGRATULATIONS!

LMAO
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wasn't one winner also promised a lock of Elvis' hair? Elvis was an integural part of the Kellogg's fame and mystique. He spent many late nights on Kellogg's binges putting together sets as he completed box after box of cereal, then as a nightcap, he had those fried banana and peanut butter sandwhiches...jay
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    On a somewhat dreary day in Delaware, this was grrrrrrrrrrreat news!

I feel like a kool guy.

Thanks again fellas!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    Just for grins, how many entries were received?

Maybe we can shame Dav. into a similar contest for what he calls "vintage cards". image
    Sounds like he will soon have a bunch of extra 52 Topps laying around....They should do.
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    I would like to take this time to thank god, my mom, by best friend mike, my 5th grade math teacher, a special thanks to Anne Gilbert - the first girl who let me get to second base, my dog Shade, F. Murray Abraham, the Pope, and of coarse all of the grrrrrrrrrrrreat guys in the Kellogg's Klub.
  • Options

<< <i>Just for grins, how many entries were received? >>

That's klassified and konfidential.

<< <i>Sounds like he will soon have a bunch of extra 52 Topps laying around....They should do. >>

Kome on, those are kid's kards.
  • Options
    BobS - LOL, and Kongrats.

<< <i>a special thanks to Anne Gilbert - the first girl who let me get to second base, >>

You know Anne too?
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Gemmint and Zardoz-

Thank You very much the card...it is a great honor. At this time I would like to thank my wife for not minding those bubble envelopes and trying to understand my obsession, my parents for buying me those rack-packs from Kay-Bee in the late 70's, my old beat up bright orange Nike box that held my first cards...and Jay Wolt of Qualitycards who has been a mentor to me in this wild world of vintage PSA (although he not quite sold on the whole Kellogg's thing).

As an accountant I would expect nothing less than to be "MOST AKKURATE OVERALL".....where detail is everything....thats why you never hear about any scandals in my profession !! imageimageimageimage

Thanks again guys,

John Basilone
  • Options
    Basilone - Kongrats!

The grading of the questions were all audited by Ex Arthur Anderson employees so I'm sure they're kompletely akkurate image.
  • Options

<< <i>in order to klaim your prize you must post below that "Davalillo is a very bad man" TEN TIMES. >>

Not a problem at all image

Davalillo is a very bad man

Ian
  • Options
    I am very disappointed.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    Pinhigh, did you submit an entry? I don't remember seeing one from you, but if you did let me know.

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Ian,

If it takes me until my last day on this planet, I will make sure you pay for this.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Gemmint - Why I most certainly entered the contest. In fact, it was a short time after you announced it and I felt, now seeing your answers, that I did quite well. Of course, I did not completely answer question #5 correctly.
    "We don't own these cards, we just hold them for awhile." -- Jay of Quality Cards
  • Options
    Pinhigh, I trust you so send a copy of your e-mail again to "Zardoz51@aol.com". If it's up to snuff (which I'm sure it is since you follow everything Gemmint says so closely image) we'll send you a K Kard PSA 9.

Thank You, K Klub
  • Options
    Gemmint - I re-sent the email to Zardoz. Thank you for your faith in me and of course, I follow everything you say - it is hard not to. A nice Clemente example would do just fine. image
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Gemmintman -- I demand a recount. I cry foul!!!

Davalillo -- Stay away from Ian. He is the proud owner of the world's best 1987 WWF wrestling set. I bet you that his Jimmy Superfly Snuka, Hillbilly Jim and Hulk Hogan cards can easily beat up any trio of Willie, Mickey and the Duke that you put together.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Schmidty, there will be no rekount for you. You gave your answers in open publik, and as interesting as they were, they were inkorrect.

I do agree with your WWF analogy though.

• Options
    I think it's only fitting that Seventray be our Seventh winner!

Seventray is of kourse Pinhigh. It was a very kommendable and akkurate set of answers.

I particularly like his answer as to why the '70 Kellogg's set is a vintage set,

"What better way to answer this question than to quote Gemmint himself. 'It's a 32 year old set. It's VINTAGE.'"

Kongrats to Pinhigh!

• Options
    WOOHOOO! I feel so fortunate.
  • Options
    You deserve it Pinhigh. I really have no idea what happened to your original e-mail. Perhaps Zardoz's e-mail system blew a gasket from the heavy response to the kontest image.
  • Options
    Ha, Hogan could take Mays, Mantle, and Snyder on a bad day image

I guess those guys were not exactly wrestlers though... Finishing up the WWF set soon with this new special!

Ian
  • Options
    Zardoz / thegemmintman:

I got my winning card (did you mean to send a Horlen?) in the mail today. Thanks guys!!!
  • Options
    Horlens and Clementes all around!
  • Options
    Glad that you got it!
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Krazy Kane's Kool Kellogg's Kollection is officially registered! I received my "Downtown" Ollie Brown PSA 9 today - thanks zardoz and gemmint!

I also received my three cards from King Kellogg, as well as my box o' pops!
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    Zardoz/gemmintman-

I received my card today as well (just got in from work)...THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I look forward to registering my set asap.

Thanks again...you guys are great ambassadors to the hobby!

John B.

• Options
    1420 sports...

Neal...Congratulations on your registry!!!. You've taken a step foward in life!!!

~~bombs bursting in air~~

KING KELLOGG
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    Zardoz and Gemmint - I received my card yesterday and just wanted to thank you, although I do think there was some mix up in which card I was to receive (just kidding - you guys are too generous). I have been going through a tough time the past two weeks and I may find that the Kellogg's card is the only card I have in the near future. Would've been nice if it was the Clemente. image
  • Options
    Pinhigh, we're happy that you like the card. The 3-D effect should do wonders for you.