Home U.S. Coin Forum

Do you Block anyone from bidding on your eBay Auctions?

braddickbraddick Posts: 23,099 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you block anyone from bidding on your auctions? It isn't that you assume there's going to be trouble, but why mess with the possibility?
Have you ever tried to bid and found YOU were blocked?

peacockcoins

Comments

• RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    I block those who have been NPB from past auctions. Usually, though, they end up getting NARU'd so it becomes moot.

Russ, NCNE

• FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trust both ways hopefully. Never had any problems at all.

Ken
  • MrLeeMrLee Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I block those who have been NPB from past auctions. Usually, though, they end up getting NARU'd so it becomes moot >>

Same here and it only happened once.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never have.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I blocked a neighbor of mine. He bought some restaurant equipment and stopped by to pick it up about 2 months ago. He still hasnt paid 464.00. I know if I go by his place on Friday at 9 pm he will have the money, but I really think he should bring it to me. He even called and asked me not to give him a negative. I kinda look at it like money in the bank, but i dont want him to bid any more.
  • relayerrelayer Posts: 10,570

I block all non-paying bidders.

It's like Bush says "Fool me once shame on you...umm...umm...can't fool me again"

My posts viewed image times
    since 8/1/6
  • BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    I've only had a couple of non-paying bidders. I put them on my "blocked" list, but as Russ state, they ended up NARU'd anyhow. I don't think I'm on anyone elses list.
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff
  • nope but I was banned because I left a nuetral feedback
  • gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Lots. I have a bunch of blocked bidders. I block:

Non-paying bidders.
    Very slow payers.
    A person I had a bad deal with outside of eBay.
    Bad buyers I have been told about by people I trust.
    People who return items that I feel they had no reason to return.
  • I have blocked a few. I sell a lot of NFL football tickets and most of my bidders are either new to eBay or have several negative feedbacks. I cancel their bid, If they have bad feedback, and block them from future bidding. Sometimes they email me and ask to be put back in the auction. I usually let them back in. You deal with a lot or weird people through eBAy!!!!
  • BlackhawkBlackhawk Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭
    I've never blocked a bidder yet, but considered it for one guy that bid on a couple of my auctions. He would bid and buy, then write and complain that there was a problem with the coin. The first time he said that the coin was cleaned and wanted to return it. I told him that would be OK, at which point he asked if I would reduce the price and send him a refund for part of the coins price. He wanted to keep the coin, but at a lesser price. Even though I didn't notice the damage to the coin that he said was evident, I did this (a matter of a $10.00 refund) because the return of the coin was almost more trouble than it was worth. I began to get suspicious when the guy did the same thing again 2 weeks later. I think that he runs a scam on Ebay where he bids on something he wants, even if it's too much, then bargains the price after the sale. After I told him to return the second coin and did not reduce the price for him, he never bid again. I would've blocked him if he continued to bid.

Bill
    "Have a nice day!"
  • its4realits4real Posts: 451 ✭✭
    I pay fast, I ship fast. Only had 1 NPB in last 2 years.
    "spare change? Nahhhhh...never have any...sold it all on E-bay..."
    see? My Auctions "Got any 1800's gold?"
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,290 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only once - a dirt ball who bought a item properly described, then slammed me w/o out contacting me to resolve the percieved problem...it's the only (-) experience I've ever had on ebay (out of 200+). Had another experience where the commentary was glowing but the feedback neutral - guess they hit the wrong button!
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • A couple of times but its rare. Any total feedback rating of negative gets the boot and sometimes you get just crazy beyond stupid bids and they get the boot as well. I think I have done it 3 times in the last 5 years.
  • Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    I don't have anybody on my blocked list but I've found that unfavorable comments on this board about another member's coin will get me on a blocked list. image
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file