Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

There Is Joyous Celebration In The Vintage Kelloggs World

I have just received an email from a well respected, but secretive Kellogg's collector who until now had chosen to remain anonymous. He has been reading the boards for quite some time, but has never posted.

So outraged at the wanton disrespect shown the Kellogg's cards by the Johnny Come-lately's, members of the Green's Party, and assorted Riff-Raff, that he will be joining the Gemmintman/Zardoz/Beaton triumvirate in defending the sanctity of our Vintage set.

He will be showing himself in the very near future.

King Kellogg is amongst us!!!!!!!!
THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Comments

• Options
    WOW! King Kellogg? We just became that much stronger in our Noble VINTAGE Fight against the Evil Modern Vic Invaders.

Welcome King Kellogg!

BTW, did you know that Vic Davalillo's initials are "VD"?
  • Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Did you know that Vic Davalillo and I are related?
  • Options
    Vic, seriously?
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    ZARDOZ - Are you talking about the secretive Mr. X, who includes a box of Kellogg's with various purchases? I rec'd a mini Froot Loops box last week w/ 100+ ass't Kelloggs PSA's, I wasn't too sure if it was a tribute to the Kelloggs name or the Kiss Of Death. But since I'm still alive, I imagine, it was a tribute. I was still pretty cautious, as I let my Father In Law eat the box just in case. image ...jay
  • Options
    Jay

YES

The one and the same.

The man who includes a box of Kellogg's cereal with each transaction, in order to spread the good word about Kellogg's cards.

Wise move in having the father in law eat them, remember that you did defect from the 1970 Happy, Joyous, Free, and Peace loving Kellogg's fraternity to ally yourself with the forces of the evil dark side. King Kellogg takes such things seriously and you just never know image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Kool image

The guy is like Zorro or something leaving his "K" mark wherever he goes.

He's "Korro".
  • Options
    RobERobE Posts: 1,160 ✭✭

• Options
    RobE...

Now THAT'S cool!!!

Larry.
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Davalillo:

So when are you going to set up a PSA Player Set Registry for your relative? I am sure that most of us here would like to hear more about your relationship!

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Marc,

I see where someone requested a player set registry for Joe Jay. Heck, Vic Davalillo had a better career than Jay. Maybe I should but somehow I think these registries should be limited to HOF's or superstars.

Davalillo
  • Options
    DAVALILLO - Hey! I put the request in for Joey Jay! The only criteria needed is if you like the player and collect him. I have a stack of his cards (graded & raw)sitting in a box on my desk which I've been adding to for a couple of years, long before the player registry has been in vogue. Granted as far as book value, he is a common, but the fun of collecting is to collect who you like, not just the superstars that have value (although I do have a registered Mantle set started for my son).
    I thought you of all people would be impressed, since you seem to be the ultimate collector who would rather move to a smaller house then get rid of a portion of your cards. DAVALILLO, don't worry. When I view your card collection, since you've given me an open invitation and I will take you up on it, I will be sure to bring my few dozen Joey Jay's for you to ohhh & ahhh over image ...jay
  • Options
    Jay,

Ha! I agree with you. Plus under the rules of this board you can claim anything. If gemmint and zardoz can claim that 1970 Kellogg is vintage I can claim that Vic really was a superstar.
    Have you advertised in scd for Joey Jay cards? I recall seeing many ads over time.

Davalillo
  • Options
    Hi Vic. PSA claims that 1970 Kellogg's are VINTAGE too plus the fact that it's a 32 year old set which everyone knows means it's VINTAGE.
  • Options
    Hang on tight!!

2nd. round bell just rang!!

Welcome back Kompeitetors!

Larry.
    I LOVE FANCY CURRENCY, pretty girls, Disney Dollars, pretty girls, MPC's, ..did I mention pretty girls???

email....emards4457@msn.com

CHEERS!!
  • Options
    DAV - No, I never advertised for them.
    When I was a kid I was happy that a ball player had my name as his last name, and I've never seen a player (or anyone) before or after with that namesake. So anytime, I get a batch of cards and he's in there I add it to my pile, probably have 2 dozen or so from a raw '54 Johnston cookies to his '65 Topps graded. As far as the Modern/Vintage debate, I would like to think these cards are modern, since I remember alot of these from when I was a kid, if they are classified as modern, I don't feel so old image ...jay
  • Options
    BobSBobS Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    Since we're on the topic, and since this board is full of a broad range of collector/dealers from around the country, I collect high grade Bob Smith cards. I'm still looking for a bunch to fill my "set". Oh, Robert, Bobby, etc. too.

1970 K-Kards=Vintageimage