Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Send 'em in for grading or sell on ebay???

I've got too many coins LOL image I have been buying quite a few coins via the ad I placed in the newspaper and now I am wondering what to do with all of them...no sending them to you is probably not an option unless you are a YN image. For example I have numerous Mint and Proof sets that have slabbable coins in them, but the grading fees eat you up, and once I get them back I don't seem to want to sell them LOLimage

An example is a 1954 Proof set I bought amongst a bunch of other stuff. The coins look nice from what I can tell, but I wonder what the ROI of getting them graded vs. selling the set as is will be. I know from looking at ebay and from reading here that slabbed coins bring more bucks. I guess Iam just a rambling man today image

I just thought I would get some thoughts from some of you.

BTW, I just picked up an original land deed from Pennsylvania dated 1787 that is very cool and signed by Ben Franklin. There is alot of stuff floating around out there image

Greg

Comments

• Options
    nwcsnwcs Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭
    Well, if you want to sell off a few proof sets, let me know dates and your prices. I'd be interested in picking up some original proofs and mint sets. I'm not into slabbing from original packages, either, so they'd stay put. I'll be out of touch this weekend, but back on Monday.
  • Options
    Get pics and offer them on the BS&T boardimage
    What ya got ta lose
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BST board sounds like a good idea, I'd take a look, original proof sets are always intersting to me as are many other things.
  • Options
    Could you explain or give a link about how you went about putting an add in the paper?
  • Options
    prooflikeprooflike Posts: 3,879 ✭✭
    It seems original packaging is getting rarer and as you mentioned grading fees will eat you alive unless you turn that raw coin into a big slab winner. If you do not want to keep them, sell them raw and use those funds to buy something you really want. Just a thought.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file